Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, can not submit proposals

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
1 of 27

Since yesterday I can not submit proposals. When I click on the Submit button all that appears is just the top half of my page. This has been going on since yesterday. It is UNACCEPTABLE.  I am losing, so far, 2 days of work.

Also, I can not access my proposals and active canadicies sections. It just loads and loads and loads.

Come on Upwork. ....2 DAYS already?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 27

Honestly, why does one thing after the other get broken.... 😞

Kathy, try this: Use a "virgin" browser window, preferably an anonymous one. Paste this link (for Proposals) into the url bar https://www.upwork.com/ab/proposals/

You can also try a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5 pressed together) to see if that clears any error stuck in your cache. Try a different browser. I find most things Upwork function best in Firefox most of the time, and in Chrome when not playing nicely in Firefox.

kat303
Community Guru
3 of 27

Petra -  I downloaded and installed Chrome. And yes, I can access everything with Chrome. But, and I'm really not being stubborn. but I use IE 11 for everything. And I know a lot of people hate IE. but I work fantastically with it All my favorites and add ons are on IE. I shouldn't have to load another browser just for the time I log into here.

That becomes a hassle. especially if I need something that's associated with IE. 

I see that I'm not the only one with this problem either. And it shouldn't take 3+ days to fix it.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 27

@Kathy T wrote:

Petra -  I downloaded and installed Chrome. And yes, I can access everything with Chrome. But, and I'm really not being stubborn. but I use IE 11 for everything. And I know a lot of people hate IE. but I work fantastically with it All my favorites and add ons are on IE. I shouldn't have to load another browser just for the time I log into here.

That becomes a hassle. especially if I need something that's associated with IE. 

I see that I'm not the only one with this problem either. And it shouldn't take 3+ days to fix it.

I know this problem has been asked recently on another thread - but could Upwork please inform its freelancers of the  browsers that  it is capable of supporting - not that many it would seem.

I hate Chrome and I will not use it. So far Firefox is OK - and I gave up on IE11 because although I liked it - more than liked it - it seemed that nobody else did.

Could someone official from Upwork please answer Kathy's question.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 27

Hi Kathy,

Do you still have this problem on your end? 
If yes, can you send me also a screenshot of what is showing when you try to submit a proposal.

~ Goran
Upwork
dmitriy-d
Dmitriy N Member Since: Feb 22, 2017
6 of 27

When click on the Submit button: (Opera and SeaMonkey)

Opera and Seamonkey

And I can't access my proposals sections too. It just loads and loads and loads.

seamonkey

kat303
Community Guru
7 of 27

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Kathy,

Do you still have this problem on your end? 

Thurs - YES

Fri - YES

Sat - YES
If yes, can you send me also a screenshot of what is showing when you try to submit a proposal.

You can use the screen shots the Dmitriy posted because that's Exactly what I'm getting.

Does it really take 3 days to fix this problem?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 27

Hi Dmitriy,

Thanks for reporting. I will escalate this problem and one of our team members will follow up to you and Kathy.

~ Goran
Upwork
kat303
Community Guru
9 of 27

I don't know if this was announced. (and if not it defintely should be) Upwork no longer supports Internet Explorer. As they do system maintenance they are slowly updating pages and if you use IE you'll find that certain pages will begin to not work with an IE browser.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 27

Hi Kathy, 

Upwork is continuously supporting Internet Explorer, and there are no known issues with the browser when I checked with the team.

Someone from the support team will reach out to you regarding this issue, and we would like to request that you specify which parts of the site are slow when you responde.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS