🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help me in understanding why my JSS decreased
Page options
628c00b1
Community Member

Help me in understanding why my JSS decreased

I have completed every work 100% , and I and the clients never had any issue whatsoever. Now, as I see my JSS, last week was 86% and now it dropped to 76%, although nothing negative happend. I've read the the JSS article here on upwork and what I concluded that it might be because some client do not close the contract after the work is complete or they do not give feedback, to which system might think that Job was not done successfully, or it might be something else.

Thank you.
Regards,
SMY.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
richardrader
Community Member

Unclosed contracts don't have an effect on JSS. Do note that JSS is based mostly on private feedback and not public feedback. So a client could technically give you five stars, and then poor private feedback which would hurt your score. 

The reasons JSS can change are here. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score (the last bullet doesn't apply to you just yet as you started working in Feb of this year)

• You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
  • You receive very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients.
  • A higher-value job is added to your score, and outweighs lower-value jobs.
  • Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
richardrader
Community Member

Unclosed contracts don't have an effect on JSS. Do note that JSS is based mostly on private feedback and not public feedback. So a client could technically give you five stars, and then poor private feedback which would hurt your score. 

The reasons JSS can change are here. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score (the last bullet doesn't apply to you just yet as you started working in Feb of this year)

• You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
  • You receive very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients.
  • A higher-value job is added to your score, and outweighs lower-value jobs.
  • Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

Alright, thank you!

petra_r
Community Member

Syed Muhammad Y wrote:

... or it might be something else.

Private feedback

628c00b1
Community Member

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths