cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me understand what am I doing wrong

kserega
Active

Hello everyone!

I am new to UpWork, however, I am an experienced freelancer in the Russian internet segment and I can't understand -- why am I not getting any answers from the clients after I send my proposals?

My profile on UpWork is 100% complete.
I send a customized cover letter with each proposal.
I use less "I" and use more "You" in my proposals, meaning that I highlight the benefits of working with me. 
I have three completed tests -- 2 of them put me in TOP-10% and 1 puts me in TOP-20% test results.
I try to propose to jobs that have been posted just recently
Where applicable, I attach my CV so that the client could see everything about me

However, I've almost used up my allowed monthly connections -- I've submitted around 26 proposals - 2 of them were declined (chose another freelancer) and others just hang in there with no answers! Not even a single interview!

I want to know, what is it exactly that I'm doing wrong? I think that it's mainly because clients here are looking for profiles with some experience on UpWork, therefore, another question -- is there a job here that I can do for the website or a small job for free in order to get a few 5-star reviews and start earning actual money here?

Because it's really frustrating -- feels like I'm just knocking on the doors that will never open. And I really need money &/or a job -- on the Russian segment of the web you don't get these amounts of money that clients offer here. 

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Regards,

Sergey

13 REPLIES 13
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS