🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Help needed
Page options
m_shakil_awan
Community Member

Help needed

My client is going to start an online session after a successful session I will be paid per session. But I have received a message by Upwork that communication outside of Upwork can result in account suspension in our chat dashboard.
So, What should I do?
Please help. It is going after 5 minutes.

4 REPLIES 4
wescowley
Community Member

If you have a contract with the client, you can communicate any way you want.  The restriction applies to before you've accepted your first contract with the client.

Thanks for answering.

Actually our work was to test an online session. My client said to me that you will be hired after a successful session. He messaged me with the server address and password to start the test. But after receiving the message by Upworkduring our chat, I refused to proceed more.

Can I start this work? 

Muhammad S wrote:

Actually our work was to test an online session. My client said to me that you will be hired after a successful session. He messaged me with the server address and password to start the test. But after receiving the message by Upworkduring our chat, I refused to proceed more.

Can I start this work? 

If you're not hired, you should not do any work.

Simple as that! 

Think about it! If the clients gets 30 applicants to do 30 "online sessions" (whatever that means) he'll have 30 free sessions.

Thanks Petra R.
For your valuable guidelines.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths