🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help on Analyzing my proposing method
Page options
f38bd6d2
Community Member

Help on Analyzing my proposing method

Hello, I am using upwork from last 3 months properly and since then i have submitted many proposals even at this time I have 30 submitted propsals and i am not getting any response from clients. My question is, Am i doing in a right way? because i think there is in error on my method of submitting the proposal. Can someone help me on analyzing my method of proposal

Thanks

Jamal Ahmed

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Hi Jamal! 

-

30 proposals in a period of three months are not much, you got to pump up those numbers! Getting initial traction on Upwork can be challenging especially since there are many freelancers in each category! My average has been 2 proposals a day, sometimes I do not send a single proposal for several weeks, and at times I send 10s of proposals a day for several days! Depending on workload, roughly 2 proposals a day is the average! 

-

It seems to me that your profile hourly rate is on the higher side, especially since you did not find any success with that rate! There are a lot of people who will come and put a high rate and get hired again and again at a higher rate, but that does not work for everyone. Since it has not worked for you, perhaps try changing that. It is also a very bad idea to out high hourly rate on profile and quote lower rate in proposals in hopes of winning the job. That does not reflect well! Stick to one rate and a salable rate! 

Do not sell your services at a cheap rate, but until you get some traction your rate should be where clients find some value. I am pretty sure at your current profile rate, the clients can find someone in the same category with a lot of Upwork experience, reviews, and feedback! 

-

Work towards fulfilling the raising talent badge requirement and getting it, I underestimated it initially but I got my first few projects only after getting the raising talent badge! 

Hope you find success soon...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AndreaG

Hi Jamal,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles
to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork
f38bd6d2
Community Member

Hello Andrea, I did that one already, I needed someone to evaluate my profile and my proposing method.

Thanks

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Nobody here except moderators can see your proposals. 

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Hi Jamal! 

-

30 proposals in a period of three months are not much, you got to pump up those numbers! Getting initial traction on Upwork can be challenging especially since there are many freelancers in each category! My average has been 2 proposals a day, sometimes I do not send a single proposal for several weeks, and at times I send 10s of proposals a day for several days! Depending on workload, roughly 2 proposals a day is the average! 

-

It seems to me that your profile hourly rate is on the higher side, especially since you did not find any success with that rate! There are a lot of people who will come and put a high rate and get hired again and again at a higher rate, but that does not work for everyone. Since it has not worked for you, perhaps try changing that. It is also a very bad idea to out high hourly rate on profile and quote lower rate in proposals in hopes of winning the job. That does not reflect well! Stick to one rate and a salable rate! 

Do not sell your services at a cheap rate, but until you get some traction your rate should be where clients find some value. I am pretty sure at your current profile rate, the clients can find someone in the same category with a lot of Upwork experience, reviews, and feedback! 

-

Work towards fulfilling the raising talent badge requirement and getting it, I underestimated it initially but I got my first few projects only after getting the raising talent badge! 

Hope you find success soon...

Hello Ashraf Sir, Thank you for giving me your precious time and evaluating me. I will do as I guided by you.

Thank you Again

Jamal

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members