🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help pages bouncing back to Help home
Page options
a_lipsey
Community Member

Help pages bouncing back to Help home

Every time I go to the Help pages and select a topic I get bounced back to the Help homepage.   

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. I know others have experienced similar issues with pages bouncing in the past. 

34 REPLIES 34
lysis10
Community Member

Yeah, I've had that problem before. From what I can tell, it happens when they try to auto-login when you hit the page. I found that it stopped when I logged in first in one tab and then opened the help section.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Amanda,

We have received a few reports of the same issue with the Help pages and have flagged it to the team already. They'll investigate as soon as possible. Meanwhile, let us know if there is information we can help finding or if you need a support request created. We can help with that.  

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Amanda,

We have received a few reports of the same issue with the Help pages and have flagged it to the team already. They'll investigate as soon as possible. Meanwhile, let us know if there is information we can help finding or if you need a support request created. We can help with that.  

Thanks, Valeria, I tried on numerous browsers with the same result but was finally able to access the page I needed by using my phone web browser. Slightly annoying but I got the information. Thanks!

fmapr
Community Member

I'm logged in and trying to contact support using Chrome. 
I enter de Upwork Help page. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?code=fecef537336f828114c3ac561529ed0b

I click Get Paid.
Page appears and I'm redirected back to Upwork Help page again.
I click Get Help in the bottom of the page.

Nothing happens.

Update.
Same behaviour on Microsoft Edge.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Filipe,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Our team is looking into this issue. Meanwhile, feel free to post here your concern so that we can address it or have the correct team assist you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am trying to verify my ID but I reached the maximum tries due to you not being able to verify my location.  Can someone help me please?

My email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Tina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lil-pharoh
Community Member

i want to read about the Top rated badge and how to be eligible to the badge but every time i open the article , i automatically been redirected to this annoying page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?code=b46a2aa37fb7ac7bccb81de7620aedab again .....same goes to any article Smiley Mad

Thank you for reporting this, Mahmoud.

I would like to confirm that this is a known problem and our engineering team is working on resolving it as soon as possible. 
I can also suggest to try and open the help articles in Incognito mode. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
techjupiter
Community Member

Hello there, I'm trying to access the support page but anything I click, I'm getting redirected to the homepage only.

This is very annoying. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Ishan,

Feel free to share more details with me here on how can I assist you.
Regarding our Help Center, our team is aware of the problem and is working on resolving it as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also facing the same issue for the past couple of days. It is redirecting to the support help page and also unable to click on the "GET HELP" tab because it is unresponsive.

Hi Abeena,

Our engineering team is working on resolving this as soon as possible. If you need help with something, feel free to share more details with me here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you.

samasif
Community Member

I am trying to check about my badges but on the support page whenever I click on a link it redirects me to https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?code=adb51142b49a123ca76cec04ace176fa

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sanam,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Our team is looking into this issue. Could you please share more information about your query so that we can address it here or have the correct team assist you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
abkoradiya
Community Member

Still, I am facing this issue.

8aaa49ef
Community Member

Hi Gora, the button doesn't work as today 1st december, neither in chrome or firefox.

When will be fixed?

Thanks!

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the report. Our team is investigating similar reports we received thus far and one of our agents will reach out to you soon to kindly request more information and assist you further with any questions or concerns you might have.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Having the same issue, when I go to the support page and search and click on a topic it redirects me to the support homepage.

WHY ?

Hi Asad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
rextheking
Community Member

Hello Team,

I did a lot of research to finding the option to do live chat or create the request from support.upwork.com/my-request but i didn't find any option from last 5 days. Now I feel that my issues is smaller than finding the way to connect with support.

Just wanted to know why did you add this button here if that button doesn't work.https://prnt.sc/vtn896

Hi Pawan, Here is what you get once you press that Button "Get Help" Check the attached image. You can write your question and press "Ask Question", then you'll see some previously answered question related to yours, if you didn't find the answer that satisfies you, you could proceed to open a ticket with the support.

In case the window on the bottom right doesn't appear when you press the "Get Help" button, I think it is a browser issue, you can try to use another browser or just delete the cache data.

I hope this helps,

Youssef

Hi Pawan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email with more information.

In the meantime, could you please let me know what issues or questions you have and I'll make sure to escalate your concern/issue to the correct department?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Pawan:
It is extremely unlikely that you need to do live chat or raise a ticket.

Most any question that an Upwork user has can be answered quickly and authoritatively right here in the Community Forum.

If your issue is something which really can't be handled entirely here in the Forum, then Upwork Forum moderators are typically able to quickly get the issue forwarded to the appropriate Upwork team.

gmanwaring
Community Member

Is anyone else having the issue Im having? I go to the Hlp/support page and click on anything there and it directs me for 2 seconds then goes right back to the help/support landing page. I cant even seem to contact upwork about the issue. Ive cleared my cache and hsitory multiple times. Ive also used chrome and safari and get the same issues. Anyone else?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Guy,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Our team is looking into this issue. Could you please share with us your concern or question so that we can address it for you or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dezkev
Community Member

Hello,

So I saw a notice on my job feed page stating "Free Connects every month" and so I click the link in the notification which takes me to the page where I can learn more about this , but then immediately the page resets and jumps to the Help landing page !!!!! 

So I click on "Whats New" topic on teh top of the page and it again takes me to the page to read the whaats new stuff - butthen immediately resets adn I'm back tot eh help landing page.Looks like your website does nto want tme to read any other pages ( I can read my feed and view job postings fine)

Its just the whats new page/s that are causing a problem for now. Maybe a technical glitch.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Our team is already working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. One of our team members will also reach out to you via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
cosmin7
Community Member

Hello!

I started my first hourly contract and tried to download the Desktop Application in order to start tracking my working time.

As soon as I click on the 'Download Application' link, the main 'How can we help you' page keeps refreshing and popping up, making me unable to download the application. 

I tried 2 different browsers, clearing cache, restarting my computer, but the problem persists. 

What are other options for solving this problem?

cosmin7
Community Member

I somehow managed to download it from my freelancer profile, where you can see the listed jobs.

However, the support page still does not work properly.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Cosmin,

I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would like to confirm that we have a known problem regarding this and our team is working on resolving it as soon as possible.
If further help is needed, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vashti_g
Community Member

Hello, 

I have been trying to take my Readiness Test for Rising Star status. I have been trying to study for it by clicking the "helpful articles" link. The link keeps failing. The correct page will appear for about a second and then it will automatically switch to the general help forum page. Also, when visitng the gerneral support page I click "contact" for support, but the button will not direct to any page. It appears to be defective. I have tried mutliple times and two days in a row. The "helpful articles" link and contact button still don't work. Does anybody know when these problems on Upwork will be fixed or how to get around it? 

I have included a screenshot that the "helpful articles" link directs too.

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vashti,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths