cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please. Manually transfer profile from Elance to UpWork.

captaincad
Ace Contributor
John V Member Since: Nov 13, 2015
1 of 13

Good day All,  your kind assistance greatly appreciated.

I am a 4.5 year Elance'r with 260 jobs 65% repeat,  3500 hours worked.  

In the past I transferred my Elance profile across to  UpWork but  closed it because i could not find work. I opened a new UpWork account. Still no work.  So I think my best chances to a recovery is again using  my Elance profile on UW. This time I must manually transfer.  Not at all sure how to do this , is there some one who would be kind enough to give me a few pointers please... Kindest thanks  John

crhysconsulting
Community Guru
Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
2 of 13

You will need to ask Support to see if they can transfer your Elance profile again. Vlad or Valeria should be popping in to assist soon enough. Smiley Happy Keep monitoring your post here. 

captaincad
Ace Contributor
3 of 13

thank you very much Cairenn,

yes i only have one account on Upwork at the momnet.  Can you see more that one account ?  

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 13

Hi John,

Firstly, please let me note that having multiple accounts is not allowed on Upwork. Please avoid opening new accounts.

You should be able to transfer your Elance profile over or merge it with an existing Upwork account by clicking on the link you received in an email or that you can find on My Jobs on Elance. Please, check out this help article for the detailed description of the process and let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

captaincad
Ace Contributor
5 of 13

thank you very much Valeria,

i may not be looking properly but there is no " My Jobs" on Elance.  If you mean "My Elance" page there is also no link on that page to Upwork.

Thank you for the Combine link. That tells me what i must do but does not tell me how to do it.

Much appreciated , hope you wont mind, i still need help.. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 13

Hi John,

You can migrate your Elance profile only once, so if you already merged it with your Upwork profile, you won't be able to repeat the process.

Untitled
amnh77
Avianca H Member Since: Jul 9, 2017
7 of 13

I am now trying to move my elance profile over to upwork. please help

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 13

@Avianca H wrote:

I am now trying to move my elance profile over to upwork. please help

It's too late for that.
petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 13

double post gremlin strikes again....

double post.jpg

petra_r
Community Guru
10 of 13

What might work would be to recover the merged account you closed.

You will have to close the one you are using now, THEN contact Support and ask them to re-activate the closed (merged) account. It's pretty easy for support to do this but you can't have two accounts so close this first.

I agree using the one with your Elance history is preferabe to using one without history, so that's what I would do in your situation.

To close the current Upwork account you'll need to withdraw all applications and end any active candidacies.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS