🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help to Verify English Language
Page options
gakhramanov
Community Member

Help to Verify English Language

Hi, I have C1 Advanced English certification. I need to verify my certification on Upwork but there is IELTS option only. I got my certificate from University. Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4
varungs
Community Member

To ensure that English certifications are meaningful, Upwork accepts a set of common standardized English tests. A certification from a university won't cut it. I would recommend taking the Duolingo test; it's relatively cheap and simple

Thank you!

Varun G wrote:

To ensure that English certifications are meaningful, Upwork accepts a set of common standardized English tests. A certification from a university won't cut it. I would recommend taking the Duolingo test; it's relatively cheap and simple

What do you mean by "university". I think Upwork certainly accepts the Cambridge University tests (over and above duolingo) which are tough.

And would you say the same thing to me if I complained that Upwork did not recognize certication or  membership of a highly esteemed body in the UK such as the Chartered Institute of Editors and Proofreaders (CIEP)?

By "a university" I obviously meant "a university that doesn't provide standardized and univerally accepted English tests". Cambridge International Examinations aren't that hard either; maybe slightly harder than Duolingo but they are more expensive.

I didn't claim that Upwork accepts every form of common/standardized English testing; for example, I've complained before that they don't accept Cambridge A Level English which is far more common than any of their current Cambridge English verification offerings

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members