cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to improve my profile

Muhammad Akbar K Member Since: Feb 8, 2015
1 of 3

I would to like to help me anyone how i can improve my profile? plz guide in this regards thanks this is the link of my profile

https://www.odesk.com/o/profiles/users/_~0130aeef834b6350d9/

Tomasz K Member Since: Mar 6, 2015
2 of 3

1. You might be charging too little. Quite a few people do not pick the cheapest contractor because they are afraid he won't perform a good job

2. Even if you don't have an oDesk experience, I'm sure you have some real world experience - write that on top of your profile. Explain why you think that you have the expertise in that.

3. Show a bit more personality. It will make you stand out among the others. Right now your profile looks very much copy and paste.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

Muhammad Akbar:

Your profile lacks focus.

NOBODY should have "data entry" and "C/C++ development" on the same profile. That's ridiculous.

You need to remove a lot of items from your list of skills and expertise and only highlight a cohesive set of skills that go together and convey to clients what you are REALLY good at.

I don't want to know what you have dabbled in or what you think you can download software for and read about. I want to know what you are GREAT at. And it better not be LOTS of things. It better be ONE specific skill area, and a few technologies.

[Note that this advice is for Muhammad Akbar only, based on his profile and the current stage of his career. I am not providing general advice here.]

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS