🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Help very confusing to me, first time enc...
Page options
amiel23
Community Member

Help very confusing to me, first time encounter on this kind of situation.

The client said I should stop working for whatever reason and instantly asked for a return on escrow fund, then he said that he will pay me based on the hours that I worked, but I noticed something unusual to me he only approved a very small amount of payment on milestone and I noticed a notification that he sent me another payment.
The question is how much money will I totally received in this situation?

5 REPLIES 5
yitwail
Community Member

Amiel, the client approved a milestone of $0.25 which is the smallest milestone I’ve ever seen. It’s not even a mile pebble, more like a mile grain of sand. He also made another payment for $7.55. So $7.55 - 20% should be available after the 5 day security period.

Yes, that's why I want to know if I will get $7.55 - 20% and the $0.25, I'm very confused because the client should've approved it all based on my hours worked in milestone instead of approving very little and send another. I am still getting payed correctly right?

yitwail
Community Member

Amiel, it's too late in the day for me, I don't want to do the arithmetic, but if $7.55 or $7.80 is what you charged for the time you worked, then yes, you'll be paid soon.

Thank you I've got the answers now, I thought I will only get paid $0.25.

NikolaS

Hi Amiel,

It looks like the client had released a partial amount from the milestone and requested a refund of the amount remaining in Escrow. They have also issued a miscellaneous payment to you. You can see all these transactions on your Transaction History page. You have 7 days to respond to the refund request and either approve it or dispute it. You may need to discuss this directly with the client first to make sure you are on the same page and in agreement about these payments.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths