🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with a dispute
Page options
tantee
Community Member

Help with a dispute

Good Morning!

I´m having a problem with a client on an hourly contract and I cant find any clear information on how to deal with this.

I completed one and a half hours of work for a client, which they've published on their website. The client became unresponsive for a few weeks but then contacted me to say they would pay what's owed. Next thing I know, the contract has been ended but i dont have any notification about payment. I'm also assunming that the client has left negative feedback for me because they seemed quite hostile.

It looks like they have had several disputes opened against them already.

How do I go about opening a dispute with this client about negative feedback and lack of payment?

Many thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Tanya T wrote:

How do I go about opening a dispute with this client about negative feedback and lack of payment?

Did you use the tracker? Or added manual time? If you did, you've been paid.

If you didn't, that's on you and there is nothing to dispute.

Feedback can't be disputed anyway.

It looks like you were paid. Was it the contract that started on the 5th of this month and ended on the 23rd? You were paid $33.33 minus fees for that. The money would have become available to withdraw on the 21. of April. If you haven't withdrawn it (or spent it to pay for membership or connects) you should find it under "Available".

Look at your Reports Home Page 

Tanya T wrote:

Unfortunatly, I didn't use the desktop time-tracker. This was my first hourly contract and I guess I haven't used the system correctly.

Did you use manual time? You were paid in that case

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Tanya: Freelancers are paid automatically for the work that they do on an hourly contract.

You will be paid automatically. Or you were already paid.

There is nothing to dispute.

Clients may end a contract at any time.

You can check your Reports page to see your payment. If you don't get paid it is because you used Upwork incorrectly. Did you log your time using the Desktop time-tracker? If you did, then you have nothing to worry about.

Hi Preston,

Thanks a lot for your response. 

Unfortunatly, I didn't use the desktop time-tracker. This was my first hourly contract and I guess I haven't used the system correctly.

If this is the case, and I wont be paid, the fact remains that the client has published my work.

petra_r
Community Member

Tanya T wrote:

Did you use the tracker? Or added manual time? If you did, you've been paid.

If you didn't, that's on you and there is nothing to dispute.

Feedback can't be disputed anyway.

It looks like you were paid. Was it the contract that started on the 5th of this month and ended on the 23rd? You were paid $33.33 minus fees for that. The money would have become available to withdraw on the 21. of April. If you haven't withdrawn it (or spent it to pay for membership or connects) you should find it under "Available".

Look at your Reports Home Page 

Tanya T wrote:

Did you use manual time? You were paid in that case

tantee
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I see now that the payment has been made so there was no need for concern.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members