🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with another user's account
Page options
1lily
Community Member

Help with another user's account

Hello all,

I am here on the behalf of another freelancer who wants to reopen his closed account but has no means to contact you. 

Could you please assist?

Ps: This is an urgent matter so please do not ask me to send you a private message if you will not check it.  Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi all,

I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

720 REPLIES 720
NikolaS

Hi all,

I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5534f299
Community Member

This is a problem a friend of mine is facing.He verified the identity for the first time.But the verification of identity does not match his profile picture.He added a correct profile picture again.After that, visual verification had to be done again.He had done it for the first time through selfie verification .But this time he has to verify through video chat There he has to speak English, but he cannot speak English.Because of this, he is unable to verify his identity and is embarrassed.He wants to do visual verification by selfie camera verification .Now how he does it. He is now given to verify through video chat .He needs help  

Hi Akila,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our team will need to communicate with them in English. However, the call is meant to verify the freelancer's identity, not to test their English fluency. So, they should not worry if their English is not perfect. We work with freelancers in over 180 countries, and we understand that English may not be your first language. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5534f299
Community Member

I mean this.I want selfie verification without video verification I was given it the first time. Why not now?No one at Upwork has given an answer to this yet 

Hi Akila,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that a video chat is required as part of earning an “Identity Verified” badge.

~ AJ
Upwork

Don't you understand what I'm saying. I mean I like to do visual verification .I want to do it not through video verification but through selfie verification .Why you guys are not giving me selfie verification.I am looking forward to your reply.

Hi Akila,

Arjay here taking over your query for Annie Jane. I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
5534f299
Community Member

I'm not talking about my account, I'm talking about my friend's account .Verify the visual he likes.But you have to do it to verify through video chat.He doesn't even know a little bit of English.He therefore asks for verification through selfie verification.Why don't you guys provide it?He wants selfie verification, not video chat verification 

Hi Akila,

Video verification is a requirement by Upwork. Failure to verify the identity in this regard can get the account suspended. If your colleague or friend needs assistance, please have them contact the support team.

~ AJ
Upwork

How many times have I told him that he can't speak English?He is difficult to verify through video chat .Why not give him selfie camera authentication?When I ask you this question, you answer that you need to verify this video chat.I know that. My friend likes visual verification.He says let's do it with selfie verification.

Hi Akila,

I understand your point. Since you are referring to another user's account, we have limitations to discuss the available options. As advised earlier, our team will need to communicate in English. This verification call will be to verify the freelancer's identity and not to test their English fluency. So, they should not worry if their English is not perfect. Please request your friend to complete the verification call at the earliest.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

My friend has completed the first two steps of identity verification.He wants to verify identities again.How does he do it? 

If you read upwork policies I could be more easier to find solution.

5534f299
Community Member

My friend has completed the first two steps of identity verification.He wants to verify identities again.How does he do it? 

I have same isue 

31228b4e
Community Member

She has talked to a chatbot and after every reply, it is sending the same generated replies. Even after receiving numerous replies, she is unable to get support from the team.

Hi Nikola,

I have shared these steps with my collegue but as per her bot is taking her to recursive same set of questions because of that she was unable to contact support and duplicate ticket got created yesterday but no response as of now.

Is it possible for you to raise request for support to contact her based on ticket id shared above? She is in need of work as she got lay off in Mass fire. Please assist her in any possible way you can.

Thanks!

2278d551
Community Member

But upwork team doesn't reply me and solve my problem that I requested a lot on contact support but no reply.

yetzervillegas
Community Member

Hi Upwork team

a ticket that is almost been a month but there is no respond yet, this ticket is my friends request upon she got hack by someone. although she is happy that her account is being locked down,

she is waiting for an update to reclaim the account for almost a month now.

ticket #35133957

Please we need urgent action for this, she had active contracts inside her account. and she could provide every documentation needed. 

I am making this discussion for the sake of my friends account as I am worried not only because the hacking has been done but also upworks long time to take action about it.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yetzer,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our team and they will take appropriate actions as per our internal processes. 

Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. If your friend needs additional assistance please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Judging from Yetzer's enquiry, these service tickets can take a long time. Could you please help expedite my ticket? I don't want to wait for a long period before my account is re-activated.

Hi Mirza,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about how your feel. Please note that all inquiries via a support ticket are handled in the manner they are received in the queue. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and follow up with you on your support ticket. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8b2a3e3e
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I accidentally closed my account. I already sent a request but, they marked it as solved without resolving my issue. Could you help me reopen my account? I did not have any violations on it, and I really need my account back. Thank you for understanding my concern!

Hi Lois Gayle,

I checked this account that you used to post here in the community and it looks like you already reached out previously regarding your closed account. Please check your ticket here and kindly reply with the details requested so our team can assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
yetzervillegas
Community Member

Solved now thanks!

ALTHOUGH this what happened to the account

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

he just refunded all of the money including the money my friend earned from other clients,

But she is still happy getting the account back, its just that if you guys can do something from that it would be perfect.

A CLIENT SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO REFUND MORE THAN THE WORKERS OVERALL MONEY EARNED FROM A CLIENT.

She earned $450 dollars then she got hacked then she lost more than $800 

anyways hope upwork will fix this, as i dont want to experience this thing

franzz05
Community Member

Hi,

I am facing same issue with this topic. please send me an email to fix this fast my friend cannot login her upwork.

Hi Franz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify, do you need help with your account or your friend does?

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, it's from my friend's account. how do we fix this.

Hi Franz,

Thank you for following up. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact our support team and they'll be able to assist them further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
08f8c9c3
Community Member

Hello all,

I am here on the behalf of another freelancer who wants to reopen his closed account but has no means to contact you. 

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

You can direct them to Upwork's social media profiles below. 

~ AJ
Upwork
danymanifestum
Community Member

Hello there!

A colleague by the agency missed activating Google's verification option and can't signup using his Gmail or Google account.

That's strange logic to log in to upwork. What to do in such a case?

Hi Dany,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to communicate directly with our team via the support ticket they already have?

~ AJ
Upwork
emmanuelw12
Community Member

Hello Avery

Please my sister's Upwork account was suspended while she was trying to buy connect with her card, note, that she has always used this particular card to purchase connect about twice, all her efforts in reaching the support through email was abortive as she was not replied to. Please how can you help her?

Thank you 

Hi Oyedele,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

You can direct them to Upwork's social media profiles below. 

~ AJ
Upwork
0c7e8c8c
Community Member

My client has an error "Some error occurred. Please try again". Kindly tell me what can I do about this? 

Hi Faisal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly and we will be happy to help?

~ Nikola
Upwork
d78c9880
Community Member

Hello

please I need help on this.my friend's account was suspended yesterday and he has messaged Upwork but no response.

d78c9880
Community Member

Hello, please my friend's account was suspended and Upwork didn't give any reason for  suspension.please help me 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths