🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Help with client accepting custom proposa...
Page options
52271e50
Community Member

Help with client accepting custom proposal

I'd been in talks with a client about a project and we discovered what they needed was beyond the scope of my cookie-cutter Project listing (I know they're not all that popular here but from a marketing standpoint I think they're wonderful. I've acquired two clients that way.)

At that point, I tried to send a custom proposal but was presented with a "not enough permissions" screen. Of course, I was logged into my freelancer profile (I have a client and Agency profile under the same account that complies with UpWorks structure for doing so.)

So the client hire me and then I was able to give them a custom proposal (hourly). They tried to accept it multiple times but I see no record of it on my end except that it was sent, I can see the proposal, and I still have the option to withdraw. Meanwhile, the job I was hired for still shows as active.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Chris,

It looks like you're currently chatting with one of our agents! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

Looks like a client is still to accept the proposed contract. An agent will reach out to them directly to assist with this as soon as possible. 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
52271e50
Community Member

Thank you for your help. They have told me they have attempted a few times to accept the contract.
52271e50
Community Member

Neither of us has heard anything further. This is a big deal as we both have a tight timeline. Additionally, I need to address this project purchase from the client that is just sitting there. It needs to be dealt with because we're trying to convert that into the custom proposal and I don't know how to go about canceling it without it affecting my JSS - I've never had to do this. The lack of communication on this is very, very disturbing.

Hi Chris,

It looks like you're currently chatting with one of our agents! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members