🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with my profile
Page options
oscaralende
Community Member

Help with my profile

Hello!

I recently came back to Upwork and noticed how bad my Profile was... quite terrible actually, having looked up some of yours and focusing a bit more I managed to fix it a bit as well as creating a couple of ¨Specialized Profiles¨

Now... I do understand that transcription & translation gigs aren't the best place to get lots of work since it's overflowed with users but still, it seems way too hard to get any gig, I also have video editing skills and SEO knowledge which I'm improving and working on some certifications before starting to bid on those (connects are really expensive for me ATM)

If anyone can look at my profile and pinpoint something to improve/fix that'd be great.

Oscar.

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

My profile is garbage too. Don't matter. It's all in your proposal and samples. People don't even read profiles all that much.

But your profile isn't garbage at all! Or at least to me.

That's so funny cause I saw Preston H., you may know him, saying the complete opposite (he said proposals didn't matter but profiles needed to be on point)

Anyways, I'll keep trying then, i still think improving my other skills is very important since they sure seem to have a higher demand.

Hi Oscar. You asked for help with your profile so (for what it's worth), that's what I will try and give you.

Change your pic - you're trying to market yourself as a professional, not posting a selfie on Twitter, so get the phone out of the shot.

You mention SEO, well lose the 'weasel' words in your bio. No 'may' deliver on time you 'do' deliver on time. You 'tend' to double check? No you don't, you 'always' double check. You don't always 'try' to be friendly, you 'are' friendly. Why would a client hire someone that may deliver on time, it's basically saying that you may or may not get the job done for them (and that's probably not ideal!). You get the idea.

Jennifer may well be correct that profiles may not be that important (and goodness know she has far more experience of working on here than I do), but from my own experience, they do matter. I'm fairly new to the site, but have landed 5 jobs where the client has told me 'seeing your profile you are exactly what we are looking for' (or words to that effect).

I'm very happy to help you with your bio if you would like me to, just pm me.

Hey Richard, that was a great insight, I was thinking about changing my profile pic but never did it since it didn't seem like a priority, I just did, but may very well change it again in the future... This one is just something I improvised ATM.

Those useless words I had in my profile that you mentioned were very helpful as well I tend to think in a very casual way as in using a chat or social network, although i never said ¨may deliver on time¨! lol that one was on you but considering how bad my previous bio was I wouldn't be surprised to find something like that in it 😅 😂

Thank you very much.

Hey Oscar, you're very welcome Smiley Happy

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members