🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Help with "your profile requires changes"
Page options
thehashrocket
Community Member

Help with "your profile requires changes"

I submitted my application, got the change request, didn't see any changes requested, so I hit submit again. I got the same response back this evening saying that my profile was hidden because it didn't meet the guidelines and I could check the support messages for more details.

But there is nothing highlighted to indicate it needs to be changed. I cliked on the "Check these support messages for more details." link and there wasn't anything there. The support messages was empty. 😞

Can someone help me out please?

16 REPLIES 16
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I'm checking your account with another team. Our team will come back here once we have more information about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

That's awesome, thank you! I appreciate your assistance. 🙂

I still haven't received any word from anyone regarding my account. I checked the support messages and there's nothing there as well. 😞

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. I followed up with the team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I got a ticket stating that there was some suspicious activity on my newly created account. That was on Friday at 23:39.  I responded Yesterday at 07:33 and have not heard anything since then. Is support normally this backed up?  I'm trying to get my account up and going and this is really holding me back. It seems like every interaction takes 24 hours. 😞

Hi Jason,

I have followed up with the team that's handling your case, and they will get back to you on the same ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I submitted the documents. The ticket never updated. My profile still says it doesn't meet the standards. I clicked on the link that I used to submit the documents to, and it say "Congratulations! Your ID has been successfully verified on Upwork." 

Any idea what's going on? Why is this so hard? Why is the communication so bad?

Hi Jason, 

The team will follow up with you through your support ticket with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

So last night I had a video call with a support rep, again verifying my identity. She said it was successful, but now both tickets are marked as solved and my account still doesn't work. 😞

Hi Jason,

Could you please resubmit your profile for review? Once you do, our team will review it and update you directly about the status of it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok, I did as you requested. When  I did, I received an alert saying I would have an answer in 12 hours. when the screen refreshed, it changed to 24 hours. Hopefully we are close to the end? 🙂

So, this is starting to feel like a bad joke. It's been 12 hours. I log into my account. Once again we're back to where we started. It says that my account is hidden, it doesn't meet the guidelines, and to check the support ticket. I go to support, and all it shows is the past two tickets saying they were solved.

What is going on?

Hi Jason, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to check your account with the team. Your account is still being reviewed, and if there are any updates, they will reach out to you directly through an email. 

~ Avery
Upwork

How is it still being reviewed? It says it’s been suspended because it
doesn’t meet some standard but it doesn’t say what?

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately since private details are involved we can't discuss them publicly in our Community. Please post your questions on your ticket with number 27807026 and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I updated ticket 27807026 as you suggested several hours ago. Still no response.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths