🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help!
Page options
mkalsi025
Community Member

Help!

Hello,

I successfully win a first job on this platform. Now I am stuck at second one. As we know we should bid on those job where we fulfilled all skill, location and other requirements of clients for their projects. But I am seeing those project jobs feed where requirements are JOB SCORE: 90 % and RISING TAG: Needed as you see the attached file.

Now tell me, What should I do? 

I don't have rising tag and any job score.

I don't think that bidding on those projects are thing of professional. I mean It's just a waste of 'connects' !

Please help me to get second job because I don't think there's any fault or improvement needed in proposal/cover letter. There must be another thing which I missing. Kindly please give me better solution to back on track for earnings by winning job. It'll be really appreciable.

Regards,

Manmeet Singh

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Manmeet S wrote:

Last day, I read a forum of client in clients section where she tells about this that if you are not what client preferences are and still applying for those jobs no matter how good you write that cover letter will be wasted and you also lost "Connects" too.

She mentioned that clients will let our cover letter as bot or spam and unprofessional behaviour. they'll not accept us if you are not one which client mention a job with their preference.

That's nonsense. I apply constantly to job posts where I don't fit one (or more) of the preferences (usually the location one) - it hasn't done me any harm yet.

Manmeet S wrote:

I am still looking for better answer that what should I do in that case.

Well, apply, or don't apply. Those really are the only 2 options.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Manmeet S wrote:

I successfully win a first job on this platform. Now I am stuck at second one. As we know we should bid on those job where we fulfilled all skill, location and other requirements 

They are merely preferences, not requirements. If you know you would be a great fit for the job, apply anyway.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manmeet,

Please note that the 90% Job Success Score/ Rising Talent badge is a default setting that clients can remove as a preference on their postings. Freelancers who don't meet these preferences can still apply to these jobs, just make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mkalsi025
Community Member

Thanks for response Petra & Bojan.

Last day, I read a forum of client in clients section where she tells about this that if you are not what client preferences are and still applying for those jobs no matter how good you write that cover letter will be wasted and you also lost "Connects" too.

She mentioned that clients will let our cover letter as bot or spam and unprofessional behaviour. they'll not accept us if you are not one which client mention a job with their preference.

That's why I think twice while submitting proposals. I am still looking for better answer that what should I do in that case.

Manmeet S wrote:

That's nonsense. I apply constantly to job posts where I don't fit one (or more) of the preferences (usually the location one) - it hasn't done me any harm yet.

Manmeet S wrote:

I am still looking for better answer that what should I do in that case.

Well, apply, or don't apply. Those really are the only 2 options.

Thank you Petra.

I have learned a lot things since I active on upwork. I really appreciate this platform. It is best for me and professional one. I am happy to be part of it. Every day you're learning and learning and learning . . . 🙂

Have a good day!

Hello,

I am not getting respond/ attentions from clients for their jobs post. What I noticed about these jobs is that they didn't hire anyone.

Why, I mean.. Why they left a job posts without responding freelancers. It's Unfair. It's clearly waste of time & "6" connects per jobs. I am really frustate about that.

May I know that how to find a responsive client or A way to reduce the waste of "6" connects for long term contracts.

I'll be really appreciable if someone give suggestion/ advice/ help me.

Best Regards,
Manmeet Singh

Manmeet S wrote:

Hello,

I am not getting respond/ attentions from clients for their jobs post. What I noticed about these jobs is that they didn't hire anyone.

Why, I mean.. Why they left a job posts without responding freelancers. It's Unfair. It's clearly waste of time & "6" connects per jobs. I am really frustate about that.

May I know that how to find a responsive client or A way to reduce the waste of "6" connects for long term contracts.

I'll be really appreciable if someone give suggestion/ advice/ help me.

Best Regards,
Manmeet Singh

Apply only to jobs where the client has a hiring rate over 95%.

Thank you for your response. 🙂

Hello Moderator,

I have a problem with freelancer plus membership. I have not received connects for my current month. Is there any problem with membership plan?? Or am I mssing something?

Please help me.

Best regards,

Manmeet Singh

Hi Manmeet,

If you still haven't received your Connects after a few hours, please follow up here so that our team can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members