asajid

Helping those in need after Typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan

In response to the destruction caused by Super Typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan, one of the worst typhoons on record, many clients have expressed an interest in helping their freelancers in this hour of need. We are working with clients who have contracts with Philippines-based freelancers to send additional bonuses for their work that may help during this difficult time. For clients wishing to assist their Filipino freelancers, we are waiving our fees on these additional bonuses. We are also proud to support the on-the-ground oDesk team in Philippines that is organizing a local relief effort with ABS CBN, and with a financial contribution from oDesk. Our thoughts are with all oDeskers affected by this terrible disaster. Stay safe, everyone!
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
4 REPLIES 4

Thank you very much.
agultoednelyn

Thank you so much. The Philippines has been receiving a lot of help from other countries and we are very thankful for all your help. Thank you oDesk.
mgoldsmith

I also wanted to give a shout-out to my Freelance brothers and sisters in the Philippines, hope things get better for everyone hit by the typhoon. There are many of us in the world now who personally know what it means to lose your things, furniture, collectables, house, car, community, city, friends, jobs, restaurants, sports teams, and more regrettable your pet's and family. And to those oDesk clients and customers, please be patient with my Philippine Freelance brothers and sisters, it's was and is huge natural disaster. Stay safe and work together, the same for all my Freelance brothers and sisters. Out

We couldn't agree more Mark. Our thoughts are with our friends in the Philippines during this difficult time.