🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hi, Can I shared half work through Work S...
Page options
evescons
Community Member

Hi, Can I shared half work through Work Submit option & Next half through message board?

Hi, my client made a milestone, but then due to some changes, we extended the delivery time. So, I delivered half work through the work submission option, and next, I want to share with her using Google Drive link but through the Upwork message board. We both agreed. I wanna ask, is this correct way, and I would not face any issue from Upwork policies? Please, experts, guide me. Thanks. More, you can suggest to me the best ways possible.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

You can submit work to your client through Messages or any other way that suits you and the client. On Fixed-Price jobs, freelancers are advised to use the submit work link on the contract details page in order to share the final product with their client and at the same moment request payment. You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
evescons
Community Member

Sir, my client is agreed and she already has paid to me via escrow, I delivered half work through Google Drive link using work submit option. Now I'm going to deliver further work via Google drive link but through the message board. So I'm a little confused.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

To ensure that freelancers working on fixed-price contracts are payment protected, we highly recommended submitting work through the Contract page by clicking on the "Submit Request" button to submit work for the milestone the freelancer worked on. Once submitted, the client will have 14-days to review the work. If the client doesn't come back with any request for revision, the money in escrow is automatically paid to the freelancer. 

What I shared above reduces the risk for freelancers not to be paid on a fixed-price contract. Freelancers and clients are free to choose where they wish to send the project files. However, we would recommend that you also submit it through the contract page so that you are protected under Upwork Payment Protection. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members