Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Everybody

ahammed_farid
Community Guru
Farid Ahammed B Member Since: May 30, 2016
1 of 9

I posted something last night  omg some upwork community user replied too negatively.. I have appreciated all of your reply in my post. As i wanted help but the way you guys started reply that's not good way.

One user confused about my picture as i don't look like bangladeshi people .. My question how many bangladeshi people you know? 

another one asking about my english level i know my english is very bad.. you are native speaker i am not.. English is not my mother tounge. but I can speak english. last night i was in stress so i wrote something. here just community page. user write here what they feel..cause they need help. 

shame you people make them more worse.

i confess i did copy. Most of the people do that here. i have changed now my overview and also others things.

i will accept positive criticism as if i can learn . Cuase i love to learn

Hope you guys help new user how they will be successful freelancer. Please dont make them more down with your word

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 9

Farid,

That is miles better and I admire you for coming back to the forum.

I think you should put your native/bilingual tongue first, which I assume is Arabic, and then put conversational for the others. There are quite a few excellent English distance courses (some are free) you could do, and I am sure with a bit more practice, your English will get much better, after all, it doesn't have to be perfect for your skills set.

Good luck finding a job.

ahammed_farid
Community Guru
3 of 9

thanks lot for your lovely reply. i can't speak arabic. as i work there only almost 5 years. yes i am learning english as i have lots of friends around the world.

again thank you. keep smilling always.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 9

@Farid A wrote:
1) i know my english is very bad..

2) i confess i did copy. Most of the people do that here

1) - Then why do you set your English proficiency to "Fluent" when that is blatantly not true? It just makes you appear dishonest.

2) No, "most people" do not. A certain "type of people" do. It is the type that is not needed or wanted on the platform, as it is deeply dishonest.

ahammed_farid
Community Guru
5 of 9

Thanks Petra, i have changed my english level. you are right certain type of people do. but you see i confessed and changed my profile this time i used my brain.

do you have anymore suggestion for me?

This widget could not be displayed.
6 of 9
This widget could not be displayed.

@Farid A wrote:

i confess i did copy. Most of the people do that here....

No, not most of the freelancers here do that. Only dishonest freelancers who have nothing to offer. Reputable clients are not looking for such individuals and their fraud will be demasked after their first jobs. What can be expected from a freelancer who starts with a false and/or copied profile? 

ahammed_farid
Community Guru
7 of 9

Thank you Margarete for your feedback. you are right not all freelancer do that. 

i did wrong and i have learnt now. i have change everything at my upwork profile. now whatever i write in my profile all from my brain..

do you have anymore suggestion, how i can be successfull freelancer

mariawicz5
Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
BEST ANSWER
8 of 9

@Farid A wrote:

i confess i did copy. Most of the people do that here. i have changed now my overview and also others things.

Yeah, this isn't an excuse to copy just because others do. It's against the policy and you're stealing from other freelancers. While it's great that you have a positive outlook on the situation, you should still really change your English level from Fluent. You're only dissauding clients who may not want to hire you after an interview because you eren't completely upfront about your fluency.

View solution in original post

ahammed_farid
Community Guru
9 of 9

Thank you Maria for your suggestion. yes i have already changed my English level from fluent to conversational.. the fact is that when i made this profile at upwork before 6 month..i looked to others freelancer then i made my profile ..anyway i confess i know all the freelancer never do copy. but when you start something you need good guidence. i have learnt now. 

Hope my upwork profile much better than before now. any more suggestion Maria

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS