🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hi. The client closed the project that I don'...
Page options
srpk_khin
Community Member

Hi. The client closed the project that I don't want to work for and asking for refund.

At the time I accept the work, I was new to up work and I realized that it is not the work that I want to work. The project details was discuss after hire. So after I know Scopes of Works, I don't want to work and I tell the client that I don't want to work anymore. And many months pass by, the client just close the project and ask for the refund!! It is the project that I don't work for and I never get any money from client.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Surapong K wrote:
So I need to refund even I do receive any money from my side? Sorry I am new to up work.

The money is in Escrow. The client now wants that money back.

The client is not asking you to pay anything, the client simply wants the escrow funds back. 

Approve the request please. When the client hired you, they paid the first milestone into escrow . That money is held by Upwork in their escrow account. It needs your approval to be returned to the client. 

Approve the request, so Upwork can release the money back to the client.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Surapong K wrote:
...the client just close the project and ask for the refund!! It is the project that I don't work for and I never get any money from client.

The client wants the money from Escrow back. 

When the client hired you, they funded the first milestone. Those funds is what the client wants back. Simple accept the request

The client wants the money from Escrow back.

When the client hired you, they funded the first milestone. Those funds is what the client wants back. Simple accept the request
Hi I don't even receive any money yet before.

So I need to refund even I do receive any money from my side? Sorry I am new to up work.

Surapong K wrote:

The money is in Escrow. The client now wants that money back.

The client is not asking you to pay anything, the client simply wants the escrow funds back. 

Approve the request please. When the client hired you, they paid the first milestone into escrow . That money is held by Upwork in their escrow account. It needs your approval to be returned to the client. 

Approve the request, so Upwork can release the money back to the client.

Already done.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members