aleks1604

Hi

Employer offers a contract outside the system and say that i must pay him to get a job,  is it fair?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleksandr,

That's not only unfair but also a violation of Upwork ToS. Please take screenshots of the clients requests and report them directly to Support. You should never start working without an active contract on Upwork and all the payments have to be processed through the platform. Also, you should never pay in order to apply or get hired for a job on Upwork.

Please check the following resources and let me know if you have any questions.

Job warning Signs

Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center

A Freelancer's Guide to Upwork  

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

Untitled

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Run away from that job. Jobs who asks you to pay in order to work are generally SCAMS.

@Oleksandr K wrote:

Employer offers a contract outside the system and say that i must pay him to get a job,  is it fair?

Report him please. 

smartbpo

Don't get involved in any suspicious activity, he may offer you tons of bucks but Upwork won't cover your payments outside platform and it is aginst Upwork policy. Report him.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleksandr,

That's not only unfair but also a violation of Upwork ToS. Please take screenshots of the clients requests and report them directly to Support. You should never start working without an active contract on Upwork and all the payments have to be processed through the platform. Also, you should never pay in order to apply or get hired for a job on Upwork.

Please check the following resources and let me know if you have any questions.

Job warning Signs

Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center

A Freelancer's Guide to Upwork  

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

Untitled
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

Contract outside of Upwork and paying the client to get the job, this is really bad. However, it would be even worse in the end when the client will not pay at all.

aleks1604

I recently reported on unfair employer, where I can lay out screenshots of it?

versailles

@Oleksandr K wrote:

Is that a real question? Are you really having any doubts about this? Do you really need a second opinion?

Do you think it could be fair under any circumstances (and fair is even not the right word here)?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless