Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Proposals

firmusfreelance
Community Leader
Karen T Member Since: Jul 14, 2015
11 of 19

...and still you have time to make nearly 4,000 posts in less than a year.

Gosh, I'll have some of what she's having...

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 19

@Karen T wrote:

...and still you have time to make nearly 4,000 posts in less than a year.

Gosh, I'll have some of what she's having...

I pwn in all fields, babe.

"Everyone happy - not just you."

Nope. Would not make me happy. Sometimes, I wait like 2 days to respond to an invite just for giggles and then sail my pirate ship up to the client and say "you've seen all the losers... now, let's talk winning."

Get hired, walk away with the booty.

So no, your suggestion suits you not me, so thumbs down breh.

firmusfreelance
Community Leader
13 of 19

Bwahhhahahahhaa

You're 12, right?

Hey, somebody called me 'babe'!

**bleep**, not a man.

Blast.

I've never been called 'babe' before.

Anybody else?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
14 of 19

@Karen T wrote:

**bleep**, not a man.

Blast.

I've never been called 'babe' before.

Anybody else?

Yeah baby, you're rockin! :-)

But I'll egoistically support Jen here, no ordering by date! Ordering by relevance works for me too. It puts me on the top of the list even when I'm late in the game.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
15 of 19

Please define "relevance". 

Sorting proposals chronologically is the least intrusive way of doing it - lest people want to complain about living in the wrong time zone...

Upwork's recommendation algorithms simply don't work. They are a mess. Just look at your job feed.

This also applies to 'rotating" freelancers so everybody gets a chance. 

I receive 28 invites one month and then go down to 0 profile views for the next 3 weeks. This kind of meddling is unacceptable.

chris_macartwork
Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
16 of 19

@Jennifer M wrote:

"Please, please, please can we have the default display changed to by date of application."

No way. The algorithms love me. I love the way it works.

Hurrah for you : )

But to be fair for all - the initial display should be by date, then it's up to the Client whether they choose the 'Recommended' option, and if they do then you still  get your loving algorithm applied.

Everyone happy - not just you.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
17 of 19

Why date? Why not most experience? Or lowest rate? Or best JSS? Or least connects left for the month? Or newest freelancer? Or random lottery? What is fair? Is fair applicable to a commercial marketplace that seeks to gain money from matching clients with contractors? Why not put plus members first? They pay more, shouldn't they get more? Put the highest earners first that would make the commissions better.

I think people assume a great deal of services, rights and privileges from their agreement with Upwork that simply are not there. It might be nice if they were there. But if it isn't in the TOS, it isn't a right. 

firmusfreelance
Community Leader
18 of 19

But by that logic why have algorithms?

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
19 of 19

@Chris M wrote:

@Karen T wrote:

I'm not talking about how the client sorts them when they are all in, I'm talking about how Upwork decide who goes first and who ends up in the 'more' section. Which, incidentally, is no different to the 'hidden' section except by virtue of the word itself.

That's a question I would like answering too. - Who is put at the top of the list by default?

Valeria - what is the default order of applicants in the Applicants list? (I'm hoping it's by date applied - seems fairest to me).

I am not Valeria, but I have a client account and one of the things I have been seeing that I don't like (and I am not sure if it has changed as it has been a couple months since I posted a job) but last time I did they posted recommended freelancers at the top of the page before I could even get to the applicants and it started with 10 and last time I posted there were 20 plus recommended. BTW not one of them were qualified or even had qualifications for the job I had posted.

I guess I am going to have to post a job again and see  how they are posted according to applicants. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS