Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden things behind private feedback

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Anil C Member Since: Oct 23, 2015
1 of 8

I know a client who seems very friendly with me, giving good public feedback. 

But when my completion rate dropped, I realised that there is a way that he can use the private feedback to reduce my “Success Rate”.

Freelancer may be working with him again and again without knowing that this is the client who is dropping his ratings.(Especially for freelancers who are dealing with many clients at a time)

All these started, when Elance was moved to Upwork. 

Why can’t the feedback be public. We don't want to see the fake one which he just post there to make us happy. 

We need to know the real opinion of the client about our work, to improve the quality.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

The last feedback you got was corporate speak for "We don't like you or your work so you're fired." Can't satisfy 100% of people 100% of the time. Suck it up and move on. Better to cut ties early anyway instead of letting things drag on.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 8

I had 44 jobs with 100% Success rate, before this.

My complaint is not  against his feedback. He has the right to say whatever he want.

He has given 3.85 on public rating which is a good one. But we need a way to see that private ratings also, as the job success rate is based  on private ratings.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 8

You're not reading between the lines. You're kidding yourself for whatever reason. He's being polite in what he's saying. It's standard corporate speak when firing someone for whatever reason. He didn't like something, so he fired you. It happens. It hurts the ego. Take a break, shake it off, or drink heavily for a night and play video games. Whatever floats your boat so you can get back into the game after a little self whine.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 8

Thank you Jennifer, 

Got it. I edited the post.

But the JSS calculation seems unfair

I had about $11,000 in 45 jobs with 100% success rate before.

But after completing a job for just $200, with 3.85 public stars, and no disputes, it drops to 93%

It seems like the system is not considering the $ value, but just the hidden private feedback  and seems very unfair.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 8

@Anil C wrote:

He has given 3.85 on public rating which is a good one.

No, it is not. It's "bad feedbaack"

It's the polite client's equivalent of a  2...

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 8

Petra, Are you saying that the JSS system treats 3.85 as 2 and calculates my job success rate?

$11,000 in 45 jobs with 100% success rate

After a job for $200

it becomes 93%

Does the JSS calculation consider the $ value?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
8 of 8

In the private feedback section (how liklely would you be to recommend thiss freelancer to others?), Upwork considers anything less than 9 out of 10 as not recommending, and so a bad score.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS