cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide old work history

sonic_eye
Thalia K Member Since: Aug 30, 2017
1 of 8

Is there any way to hide my old job history?

When I first signed on to Odesk in 2013, I was a novice editor working on iMovie projects, however this is years later now, and I've got an old jobs listing showing me as 'iMovie Editor'.

I'm now a fully fledged Post Production professional, with my own business and experience working on Branded projects, in Final Cut Pro.

Is there a way to remove that old history or change it somehow, or should I just close my account and start fresh??

Thanks in advance if you can help!

iamchunchunchun
Community Guru
Hiu Chun L Member Since: Jul 27, 2017
2 of 8

I think you can't hide your job history, and you are also not allowed to close this account and open another one.

On the other hand I think your job history isn't a negative, especially when your clients gave you very positive comments.

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
3 of 8

Hiu Chun is right. No hiding and no closing and reopening. The first is impossible. The second can get you banned. 

sonic_eye
4 of 8

Thanks Melissa, yes getting the same response from their help. I understand why, it's to avoid dodgy operators, but for me it's making me look like a beginner, back where I was before I graduated from advanced studies, and worked on TV editing.

I'm going to see if the client will change it, but if not, I'd say it's not worth staying on Upwork at all.

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
5 of 8

I wouldn't even reach out to those clients to get the titles changed. What I would do is add to your profile. Put work in there that showcases what you do now and make sure your rate reflects that. Your work should speak for itself and you'll have something to point clients that clearly shows your capabilities. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 8

eh, once you push it off of the first page,  I don't think it matters.

Sticky laptop keyboard guy still got jobs with feedback from a client that said he used an auto clicker to scam him out of thousands. People still hired him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sonic_eye
7 of 8

Thanks for the reply Hiu,

Yes, I just contacted them via chat, and they said the same. Can't hide the history, can't change the title.

The only way is to contact the client and ask them to change it.

Do you really think I'll get any professional work, with the word 'iMovie' so prominent? I'd think that's going to put any potential clients off, at the level I'm now at...

patty_pretty
Community Leader
Patricia M Member Since: Aug 8, 2016
8 of 8

@Thalia K wrote:

Thanks for the reply Hiu,

Yes, I just contacted them via chat, and they said the same. Can't hide the history, can't change the title.

The only way is to contact the client and ask them to change it.

Do you really think I'll get any professional work, with the word 'iMovie' so prominent? I'd think that's going to put any potential clients off, at the level I'm now at...

Thalia, You will get jobs, don't care about it, here is people whose English is terrible and thay say that they have native English level and get jobs as translators. And you can always use the cover letter to explain yourself.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS