🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Higher withdrawal fee?
Page options
annab13
Community Member

Higher withdrawal fee?

Hello,

I've been using UpWork for years and the withdrawal fee was always $1.

However, it is $2 this morning. Is it just me or has something changed? When?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ana,

I understand your concern around this change. Upwork is offering a full suite of options for your withdrawals, including those at lower costs. To see which payment methods are available to you go to Settings > Get Paid > Add a Method. You can also see our available options on this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ana,

We think it is fair to charge the same to all freelancers who use e-wallet style payment methods (such as PayPal and Payoneer) and our current Upwork transaction fees reflect that idea. If you’d like to explore other ways to receive your payments, you can check the payment method options available to you by clicking on “Add Method” in the “Get Paid” section of your Upwork account (under “Settings”). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran,

I wasn't aware that other users are paying $2 per withdrawal since I only used PayPal.

I wish UpWork was more freelancer-friendly during the pandemic and ease up on the fees, but that clearly won't happen anytime soon.

Thank you for your reply.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ana,

I understand your concern around this change. Upwork is offering a full suite of options for your withdrawals, including those at lower costs. To see which payment methods are available to you go to Settings > Get Paid > Add a Method. You can also see our available options on this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths