cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hire/Contract Issues

Greetings.

For some reason a petition for employment and our conversation was not placed under the active candidacy heading, and therefore, there is no way for either of us to officially "hire" or "be hired" at the moment.  The original job she has selected me for was closed. I am thinking this might be the issue. 

Does the employer need to create a new job, or is there a way from our messages to begin the contract? 

Thank you,

Ashley  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Guru

Your client has to hire you to pay you.

In future, NEVER do the work until you are hired and there is an active contract showing on your "My Jobs" paged.

"Active Candidacies" means nothing without either an active hourly contract you can track time to or a fully funded fixed price contract.

The client can simply go to your profile and and click on "Hire Now"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Guru

Your client has to hire you to pay you.

In future, NEVER do the work until you are hired and there is an active contract showing on your "My Jobs" paged.

"Active Candidacies" means nothing without either an active hourly contract you can track time to or a fully funded fixed price contract.

The client can simply go to your profile and and click on "Hire Now"

Thank you! The issue right now is just getting the contract to start. I informed them of your advice. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS