🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hire me page discontinued?
Page options
rlouw
Community Member

Hire me page discontinued?

Hi,

I had a "Hire me" or "Work with" upwork landing page link. This is a simple landing page and lists your projects below you profile. My link no longer works and I can't find how to get that page back.

Any ideas?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rlouw
Community Member

An update:

I found what I was looking for, it's the direct contracts page!

Go Direct contracts > Invite clients. 😄

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
AndreaG

Hi Robin,

Could you please clarify your concern? Please know that your profile link still shows a Hire and Invite button when viewed from a client account.

~Andrea
Upwork
rlouw
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I'm refering to the public facing landing page for your profile using the link provided by Upwork. These were standalone landing pages that linked back to upwork.

petra_r
Community Member

I've never heard of that or seen it and I've been around for well over a decade

I have the same problem.  A couple of days ago when I looked at a few profiles, including my own (I responded to an FL here) and the "hire me" button wasn't visible, and it still isn't.  

Nichola L wrote:

I have the same problem.  A couple of days ago when I looked at a few profiles, including my own (I responded to an FL here) and the "hire me" button wasn't visible, and it still isn't.  

Ah, that's what he means, simply his profile page seen from a client account!

The page still exists, but yes, there is no "Hire Now" button, only the "Invite" button.
Maybe they did away with the option to hire without any previous communication.

Do you have a client account?

Yes, freelancer and client.

petra_r
Community Member

Robin L wrote:

Yes, freelancer and client.

Robin, the page still exists, it is simply your profile page seen from a client profile. The "Hire Now" button is indeed missing but the page and the "Invite" button are still there.

Maybe a bug, or they did away with the "Hire Now" button.

rlouw
Community Member

Thanks for the help.

The page I'm refering to is not dependent on an account as it's a simple landing page.

Maybe it was not popular or converting and Upwork discontinued it...

Hi Robin,

Public links to the profile are the easiest way for a freelancer to direct a potential client to their profile where they can hire them. Additionally, we have a feature that allows talent to share their past great feedback with their networks and direct to their profiles.

Note that the Hire button is still there and hasn't been removed. However, it'll only show as long as the user is viewing a freelancer's profile from a client context where they have full hiring permissions. If they only have Source Talent Permissions, they will only see the Invite button, since they can't send an offer from that client's company account.

~Andrea
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Andrea G wrote:

Note that the Hire button is still there and hasn't been removed. However, it'll only show as long as the user is viewing a freelancer's profile from a client context where they have full hiring permissions. I

Ah yes, I just checked with my own client account and it is there again!

rlouw
Community Member

An update:

I found what I was looking for, it's the direct contracts page!

Go Direct contracts > Invite clients. 😄

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members