Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Hire position?

jenilene
Active Member
Jen B Member Since: Sep 19, 2018
1 of 9
Has anyone ever been contacted through upwork for a hire position ?
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

 


@Jen B wrote:
Has anyone ever been contacted through upwork for a hire position ?

 What do you mean by "a hire position?" 

jenilene
Active Member
Jen B Member Since: Sep 19, 2018
3 of 9
Before we proceed. I like you to know that this job is a hire position with benefits from the company. What we are looking for is an employee who will be working with us for a long period of time.
<<<from hr on google chat
jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
4 of 9

@Jen B wrote:
Before we proceed. I like you to know that this job is a hire position with benefits from the company. What we are looking for is an employee who will be working with us for a long period of time.
<<<from hr on google chat

 It's a scam. Flag the job description and report the client.

 

Spent some time to get familiar with Upwork to avoid questionable jobs etc.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 9

@Jen B wrote:
Before we proceed. I like you to know that this job is a hire position with benefits from the company. What we are looking for is an employee who will be working with us for a long period of time.
<<<from hr on google chat

 It's a scam. (Fake check scam)

 

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

jenilene
Active Member
Jen B Member Since: Sep 19, 2018
6 of 9
Thanks guys. Glad I checked here first. I did attend the getting started webinar yesterday, but there was a lot of info, so wanted to double check here too.
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 9

Jen:

Let's make things very simple:

 

If anybody on Upwork invites you to use Google Chat to discuss a job, then stop communicating with them immediately. They are scammers. They are wasting your time.

jenilene
Active Member
Jen B Member Since: Sep 19, 2018
8 of 9
I appreciate all of the upwork gurus helping this newbie fine tune her scamdar. Smiley Happy
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 9

@Jen B wrote:
I appreciate all of the upwork gurus helping this newbie fine tune her scamdar. Smiley Happy

 Scamdar! like it...

 

I shall steal it!

 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS