🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hired by someone met outside of UpWork
Page options
cameron-okomi
Community Member

Hired by someone met outside of UpWork

I have met a few people outside of UpWork that I wish to freelance for. In order to stay protected I recommended using UpWork as a mediating service. Are they allowed to literally make an account, post a fixed price job and hire me straight away? Or does this break any of UpWorks rules.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Cameron,

You`re more than welcomed to bring your clients on Upwork. Once they`ve registered on Upwork you can share your profile URL with them and they will only need to click on the green "Hire" button. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Cameron,

You`re more than welcomed to bring your clients on Upwork. Once they`ve registered on Upwork you can share your profile URL with them and they will only need to click on the green "Hire" button. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok, amazing. I will get them all to hire me in the next few days. That should also help me boost my account!

Thanks 🙂

jr-translation
Community Member

Cameron O wrote:

I have met a few people outside of UpWork that I wish to freelance for. In order to stay protected I recommended using UpWork as a mediating service. Are they allowed to literally make an account, post a fixed price job and hire me straight away? Or does this break any of UpWorks rules.

Thanks

You might want to read this first.

Another tip for the future: Do not close contracts. Ask the clients to do so so they have to leave a feedback. Too many closed contract without feedback harm your JSS. Open contracts with money paid do not.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members