Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring a freelancer to work for your Agency on an internal agency project

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
11 of 14

Hi Max,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and gladly assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mbonilla14
Max B Member Since: Sep 25, 2017
12 of 14

Thanks!

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
13 of 14

Max B wrote:

Hello,

I just started an agency and have a few freelancers already on the team. But now, I would like to have one of them do paid work for the agency. To be clear, I need one of my team members to do some research for some services (not potential clients) in my city. I also need another one to do SEO work for my business website, etc. Clearly these are not jobs that I am billing to any client. These are tasks that the agency wants to have done, like you do when you hire a cleaning crew to come to your offices to clean at night. They are not working for a client of yours, they are working for you. Is there a way to have a freelancer do that type of internal work? Businesses do this all the time. I just don't know how to do it in Upwork.

Thanks.

Possibly the system is set up in a way that you can't hire your own freelancers, it certainly is shady because you could be accused of feedback manipulation and lose your account. Just hire some third party freelancer and don't risk your account. 

mbonilla14
Max B Member Since: Sep 25, 2017
14 of 14

There is nothing shady about what I described. The business logic is entirely ethical, unless telling your own secretary that they can't work for you is unethical. What Upwork should do to avoid inflating one's own reviews (and I assume does to avoid this from happening even accidentaly) is entirely simple: if the freelancer works for your agency, their reviews don't get counted for your stats or published publicliy. But Petra's solution may be the right one. I need to look into the profie of the freelancer.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS