cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring an Agency Instead of Hiring Individual Freelancers for the Job

Highlighted
Paul Jireh R Member Since: Dec 7, 2017
1 of 3

I've been reading here but I can't seem to find the answer. For example, the client needs 1 freelancer for data entry and 1 freelancer for programming. Why should the client hire an agency with these freelancers and has to contact them separately for a contract than just hiring freelancers outside of an agency who can do the same work? Also, what is the benefit of the freelancers in the agency if they are hired under such than just applying to the client directly?

Thank you so much.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Paul Jireh R wrote:

1)  For example, the client needs 1 freelancer for data entry and 1 freelancer for programming. Why should the client hire an agency with these freelancers and has to contact them separately for a contract than just hiring freelancers outside of an agency who can do the same work?

2) Also, what is the benefit of the freelancers in the agency if they are hired under such than just applying to the client directly?

1) no good reason at all.

2) No benefit unless the freelancers are incapable of applying themselves because they speak bad English, have no sales and contract management skills or don’t have a withdrawal method to get their earnings.

In fact with so many clients avoiding anyone associated with an agency and declining all agency applications unseen and unread, for most competent freelancers being associated with an agency has only disadvantages........

Paul Jireh R Member Since: Dec 7, 2017
3 of 3

Thanks a lot, Petra! I just created an agency but upon studying it thoroughly, with the current set-up, I have to say it is disadvantageous to both the freelancer and the agency owner.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS