cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring on Odesk is not worth it!

Sherlan L Member Since: Mar 10, 2010
1 of 47
I would say with my experience hiring coders and developers on Odesk it has simply been terrible and not worth. The work being done by most of the programmers I've hired has been subpar at best, with a lot of the things they have done not working at all. Especially the programmers I've hired based in ****. I have had my sites blacklisted for spam, I now receive all kinds of weird emails and I have even had one of my sites vandalised. Hiring these programmers was just a waste of time and money, I would implore anyone looking for a cheaper option to get things done to not waste your time. Better to hire someone that knows what they are doing even if you have to pay them more and someone who you would be able to trust. Just sharing my experience.. *[Removed by Admin]
Highlighted
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
2 of 47
[quote]I would implore anyone looking for a cheaper option to get things done to not waste your time. Better to hire someone that knows what they are doing even if you have to pay them more and someone who you would be able to trust.[/quote] Indeed. I'm really sorry that you've had a negative experience here, but perhaps next time don't count on cheap rates only. There are a lot of talented programmers on oDesk, and for the most part their rates, while reasonable, are still below the rates that local folks would charge. With a good hiring strategy you can build a pretty solid network of talented people... but that hiring strategy doesn't include bottom-feeder rates.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
3 of 47

it's the bottom feeders that give the real talent a bad name. 

maybe i'm being a bit harsh in saying bottom feeders but people who portray themselves as professional and then can't do the work and/or hire someone else to do it are liars and cheats. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
4 of 47
Bananas and peanuts is not going to get you anyone in the top tier.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
5 of 47
Ha! the OP deserves this comment Smiley Happy

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Daniel John B Member Since: Oct 3, 2013
6 of 47
ahah, so true, and makes me think of two sayings: If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Minimum pay, minimum effort.
Highlighted
Olivier P Member Since: Dec 28, 2011
7 of 47
you are right !
Highlighted
Mads Soares da Cun V Member Since: Feb 14, 2012
8 of 47
Very true
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
9 of 47
Sherlan, the clients here aren't any better if you want to generalize. Those who are looking for super cheap rates are also often too inexperienced to know why some people charge $1/hr while others charge $30/hr for the same job. Don't come here blaming everyone else in the world for your own mistakes. Consider it entrepreneurial training for yourself. Lesson learned. Move on and take ownership for your own decisions.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
10 of 47
It's funny that the poster is mentioning that they paid less, and got crap, but encouraging others to pair fairly for quality work. It really would have been better for the poster to think about this in advance of hiring!
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS