🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hiring problem
Page options
syed110786
Community Member

Hiring problem

hi, i wanted to know how can i get my first order i am working really hard on this platform but i didn't get a single interview from a client or chat on the proposals that i had submitted...?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Plus just as a tip, regardless of your cost of living where you may be, if you label yourself an "expert" and then proceed to charge 5 dollars an hour, you are actively creating dissonance with the reader. Because if someone is a true expert who can make a difference, why would they only charge 5 bucks an hour?

So either tailor your profile as recommended by Sarah and show that you are in fact starting out and willing to learn, or show in your profile that you are in fact an expert. One part of that would be raising your price. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sjbercot
Community Member

A quick search of the wording on your profile shows that it appears word-for-word in other freelancers' profiles on other freelancing websites. Needless to say, you should avoid that.

Plus just as a tip, regardless of your cost of living where you may be, if you label yourself an "expert" and then proceed to charge 5 dollars an hour, you are actively creating dissonance with the reader. Because if someone is a true expert who can make a difference, why would they only charge 5 bucks an hour?

So either tailor your profile as recommended by Sarah and show that you are in fact starting out and willing to learn, or show in your profile that you are in fact an expert. One part of that would be raising your price. 

Thanks

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths