🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hiring someone to manage the Upwork accounts ...
Page options
umarm01
Community Member

Hiring someone to manage the Upwork accounts of a developer team

We are a group of developers and we hired someone to manage our UpWork accounts. Does Upwork allow us to to share our credentials with her and can she use a single laptops to manage our accounts
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

10 REPLIES 10
wescowley
Community Member

No, it does not.

Our company provides us laptops to work on and we are some room mates working in same company. Can we use a single laptop to use our accounts without sharing the passwords?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Umar,

If you would like to work as a team you will need to open an agency profile and invite your whole team to join the agency. 
I would also like to clarify that sharing an account is not allowed and it is in violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Is it allow to use two different upwork account in the same computer, in the same windows user? What about in two different windows user?

Me and my wife have only one PC and she login on her windows user to access her upwork account.

re: "Is it allow to use two different Upwork account in the same computer, in the same Windows user?"

It IS allowed to have two different Upwork accounts accessed from the same computer.

TECHNICALLY I don't think that Upwork will automatically do anything to you if one person logs into Upwork, and then logs out of Upwork, and then gets out of the chair and another person logs into Upwork using the SAME WINDOWS ACCOUNT.

But why would you do that?

Don't give Upwork a reason to flag you and investigate you.

And don't risk forgetting to log out of Upwork and another person using Upwork within the same Windows account.

It doesn't cost you anything to set up a different Windows account.

Just set up a different Windows account for each different user.

re: "What about in two different Windows user?"

Yes.

That is fine.

That is what I recommend.

Can a single person in an agency manage the proposals and messages of complete team using a single laptop?

Hi Umar,

I would like to clarify that only the team member can access their messages, but Business Manager can submit and manage team proposals and contracts for all the team members, adjust Exclusive Freelancer profile rates and profile visibility.

You are allowed to share the same computer with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of

Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Umar B wrote:
We are a group of developers and we hired someone to manage our UpWork accounts. Does Upwork allow us to to share our credentials with her and can she use a single laptops to manage our accounts

Only if all of you would like to get suspended!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Umar B wrote:

You should have asked that before hiring somebody. 

Nobody needs to share their Upwork credentials.

Upwork already allows users to designate authority in a proper, official way.

You can collaborate with other users and have people work and hire on your behalf without breaking any Upwork rules.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063368-Add-or-Remove-Team-Members

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths