cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring when you're a freelancer? Hourly job question as well :)

Robyn R Member Since: May 22, 2015
1 of 4

I am a freelancer trying to hire someone to help me in website development for my own professional reasons and not related to any work I have on here. We can't be perfect in everything lol (kidding). Do I have to create a second account? Simple website with about 5 or so pages but I'm having an incredibly difficult time trying to find a host. I had one through weebly but I need something I can edit/publish on the go with a mobile device. If I have to create a second account to hire, do I need a separate email, etc?

2nd question... How do you handle "hourly jobs" when the amount of work for each job is significantly less than an hour and spaced out over time and client prefers contact via personal email? For example, making phone calls throughout the week so the time tracker app thingamajig is pretty moot so how do I charge and keep track? 

By the way, I literally had to dig to figure out how to post on here. I'm not that deficient when it comes to websites and I was surprised. I even put in the search "How to post in community" and nothing came up. Don't tell me I'm the only one! Perhaps because I am using a tablet, I don't know. I just found it ironic. 

Thanks guys!

2 of 4

I apologize in advance if this has been answered, my search didn't pop up with anything relevant. 

Community Guru
Sandra T Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 4

The freelancer+client account thing has recently been discussed here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-can-I-open-a-client-account/m-p/124558#U124558

4 of 4

Thank you

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS