🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hold On Client's Account!
Page options
nawazish-hassan
Community Member

Hold On Client's Account!

Hey, so after completing a small task of few hours, my client paid me, and a bonus as well. Few hours later I recieved an email regarding a hold on clients account,  and recieved following information through an email from Upwork.

"Your client's account is currently under review. We will have to hold on your withdrawals should there be proven inconsistencies in your client's account. This hold is in place in case we need to reverse funds from your client's payment."

The funds I recieved as bonus which was ultimatley the half of agreed hourly amount (client paid as a bonus because I did task earlier) have been removed from my reports overview coloumn. 

So how long does this takes normaally to resolve and what are the possible outcomes? Since this is my first experience with such client. 

Thankyou in advance. 

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Nawazish H wrote:

So how long does this takes normaally to resolve and what are the possible outcomes? 

That probably won't be resolved unless the client fixes it. What is the client saying? The possible outcomes are that either you get paid, or you do not get paid  You will only get paid if the client fixes the issue with Upwork. If you tracked your hours correctly, Upwork pays you out of their own pocket for the hours you tracked.

So it was 3 hours of work, I tracked 1 hour and 40 minutes and then right away client ended the contract, paid remaining amount of 1 hour 20 minutes as a bonus and asked me to send the work after its done. I got Few hours later I recieved my hourly pay under section "work in progress" for 1 hour 40 minutes and the amount for remaining 1 hour 20 minutes appeared in pending since he sent that as a bonus. It was done on Sunday. 

Few hours later, I recieved this email from Upwork to hold and all. Now with a new start of the week amount for clocked hours is still showing in pending whereas amount that he paid as a bonus has disappered. 

I informed the client same day, he said he will look into it, that was still Sunday I guess. I informed him again today and to which he only replied with "What do you mean", so I explained the issue to him for the 3rd time to check his Upwork account and payment method etc. but got no response after that. 

jr-translation
Community Member

Prepare yourself for not getting paid at all. Unless you meet all the requirements and have tracked the time, you might get paid through the payment protection but I would not bet on it.

The task was for 3 hours, I tracked 1 hour and 40 minutes, and he paid for 1 hour 20 minutes as a bonus. 

sourceprouk
Community Member

I have encountered this situation a number of times. Sometimes it is just something minor like the client's credit card expired and he needs to enter new card details.

It is not necessarily that the client is refusing to pay.

Federico D wrote:

I have encountered this situation a number of times. Sometimes it is just something minor like the client's credit card expired and he needs to enter new card details.

The email from Upwork suggested differently...

That email sounds like it refers to the issue with clients payment settings? Since he did not mentioned that he is not going to pay or do not want the task to be completed, instead he paid for the clocked hours and paid remaining amount as a bonus?

What is your client saying about this?

At least it's only an hour 20 minutes.

That's what it seems like...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths