🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Holidays
Page options
lptc
Community Member

Holidays

Hello,

I am planning to go on holidays for 3 weeks, and I'd like to know how to put my profile as idle, or not available, or something like this so that:

- my score is not affected, especially the "Top rated eligible weeks"

- clients do not contact me, or if they do they get a message saying something like "sorry, I'm not available until xx, I'll come back to you"

Thanks in dvance for your help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can customise a message to be sent automatically to anyone who tries to engage with you.

Go to the 'messages' screen. Click the little wheel on the top right and select the 'out of office' option. Turn that on and put in your desired message. 

Btw, I strongly suggest doing this because although going unavailable takes you out of searches, it makes no difference to someone who already has the link to your profile. And it would be very easy for them to miss the fact you're not available for the time being. 

Also, it enables you to say you're unavailable for new clients until geese start flying backwards but will get back to ongoing clients on XX date (or whatever your thing is).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
robin_hyman
Community Member

You can't customize your message (unless you add it to your profile) but there is an option from your profile that you can set your availability as "not available".  Note:  it's on the right-hand side on the profile page.  You can also set the date you will become available again.  

You can customise a message to be sent automatically to anyone who tries to engage with you.

Go to the 'messages' screen. Click the little wheel on the top right and select the 'out of office' option. Turn that on and put in your desired message. 

Btw, I strongly suggest doing this because although going unavailable takes you out of searches, it makes no difference to someone who already has the link to your profile. And it would be very easy for them to miss the fact you're not available for the time being. 

Also, it enables you to say you're unavailable for new clients until geese start flying backwards but will get back to ongoing clients on XX date (or whatever your thing is).

lptc
Community Member

Thanks Kim!

Just one thing the "little wheel" settings button is on the top left, not the top right (at least on my screen)

kfarnell
Community Member

Sorry. Yes, I should have said 'left'.  I have a left/right issue and now everyone knows why I can't drive... 🙂

f6d4d51b
Community Member

Hello sir!my holiday is going on but I am student project making has been got us what we do

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members