cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Guacamole, This is Awkward!

Community Guru
Angela L Member Since: Oct 20, 2009
1 of 8

Ever since the update several days ago I have been having a problem.

I can view jobs in my job feed okay, but when looking at a job, if I click a link for one of the "Other jobs open by this client", or "Similar jobs on Upwork", I get a page not found (One of the custom 404 pages - "Holy Guacamole" or "This is Awkward"  page). 

I even tried logging in through a completely different browser than I normally use, and still had the same issue. Has anyone else been experiencing this? 

Community Guru
Angela L Member Since: Oct 20, 2009
2 of 8

You know, as soon as I posted this, I found what is causing the error. When I click one of the links to another job when I am looking at a job it takes me to a URL formatted like this:

https://www.upwork.com/c/jobsNameofJobHere

But in order for the URL to work, it should have a / after the word jobs (before the name of the job) Like this:

https://www.upwork.com/c/jobs/NameofJobHere 

I am not sure why mine would be doing that and others aren't though? 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 8

Hi Angela,

Thank you for reporting it. I see what you mean as I wasn't able to follow the link to a similar job. I am going to make sure it's escalated to our engineers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 8

"I can view jobs in my job feed okay, but when looking at a job, if I click a link for one of the "Other jobs open by this client", or "Similar jobs on Upwork", I get a page not found (One of the custom 404 pages - "Holy Guacamole" or "This is Awkward"  page). "

The same has happened to me since the update. I am getting exactly the same error page for "other jobs open by this client", but for "similar jobs on Upwork" there is nothing at all.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
5 of 8

I also noticed this last week and was going to report it, but got side-tracked.

Angela, thanks for posting this!

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 8

It's still there--Crikey!

(What century did they fish these expressions from!)

Ace Contributor
Gabriel D Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
7 of 8

Same thing here. I keep getting these annoying messages like "Holy Guacamole" instead of getting logged. The Upwork´s support team keep telling me that they are so sorry about these problems, that they are working hard to bring us the best, but in my opinion upwork is working worst than ever before.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 8

Hi Gabriel,

I'm sorry about the error message you're seeing. Are you still getting the error after refreshing the page or using a different browser? If you aren't able to navigate past the error page, please report it to Customer Support.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS