🐈 Community
globaljess

Honest Feedback to Client Hidden or Removed?

Is it possible for clients to get feedback hidden or removed?

Last week I closed two contracts and left honest feedback for both and neither are displaying.

One client promised he would leave me a good review and "hoped I would do the same" when I said I was closing the contract due to two months of pushing out a start date. I left him four stars and an honest review which I can see in the contract details. However, when I click on his profile and see his other feedback, our contract says I didn't leave him any feedback ("No feedback left"). Can they get these removed? It also says he didn't leave me any feedback despite what he stated. Is it possible for them to retract feedback if they see their review?

My other contract was less than an hour worked. He said they went with another freelancer they gave the same assignment so I stated I would be closing the contract. I left him four-star feedback. On my profile, it says he didn't leave me any feedback. On his, the job doesn't show up at all.

I would appreciate any explanation to the Upwork protocols when it comes to removing and hiding feedback.

Thank you,

Jessica

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders

No feedback is visible until either both parties have left feedback or the feedback period has expired. If you closed the contract and left feedback for the client but he hasn't left feedback for you, your feedback won't show up until either he leaves feedback or 14 days pass.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tlsanders

No feedback is visible until either both parties have left feedback or the feedback period has expired. If you closed the contract and left feedback for the client but he hasn't left feedback for you, your feedback won't show up until either he leaves feedback or 14 days pass.

I just closed two contracts a few weeks ago.  My review was displayed on my clients' page after 14 days.  What I find funny and weird is the aspect of your client's promise to give you a good review.  My clients would not normally do that.

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

I just closed two contracts a few weeks ago.  My review was displayed on my clients' page after 14 days.  What I find funny and weird is the aspect of your client's promise to give you a good review.  My clients would not normally do that.

I don't think there's anything unusual about a client assuring a freelancer that he'll give her a good review when the job has gone awry through no fault of hers.  

To me, it looks like the client wanted an assurance.

Learning Paths