🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hoping to get this job "removed"
Page options
m_sharman
Community Member

Hoping to get this job "removed"

Received an invite for a job from this client last night (I think he 3 jobs). He very clearly states it's a commission only. And, if you check out his attachment - it has his contact details.

Hoping to get a mods attention and have all of his jobs removed:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dsmgdesign
Community Member

I'm sure you already flagged it. I just did as well. It looks highly inappropriate to me.

Mod, please have it removed! 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
dsmgdesign
Community Member

I'm sure you already flagged it. I just did as well. It looks highly inappropriate to me.

Mod, please have it removed! 

Yes, I've flagged two of the jobs, I think....and was ignored 🙂

The job's been made private and I couldn't see it. Either Upwork did that in response to your report, or the poster did.

Abinadab A wrote:

The job's been made private and I couldn't see it. Either Upwork did that in response to your report, or the poster did.

It's US only...are you in the US?

Oh, I see.

US only jobs usually specify that as the reason I can't view them.

This one just says it's private and only freelancers invited can view.

petra_r
Community Member

Miriam H wrote:

Received an invite for a job from this client last night (I think he 3 jobs). He very clearly states it's a commission only.

Commission only jobs are not actually forbidden.

They may be set up as fixed rate contracts with milestones. 

If, for example, the client wants to pay $ 50 commission per sale, they can fund $ 50 as the first milestone and the freelancer can submit after the first sale.

Miriam H wrote:

And, if you check out his attachment - it has his contact details.

That is indeed a policy violation

Petra R wrote:

Miriam H wrote:

Received an invite for a job from this client last night (I think he 3 jobs). He very clearly states it's a commission only.

Commission only jobs are not actually forbidden.

They may be set up as fixed rate contracts with milestones. 

If, for example, the client wants to pay $ 50 commission per sale, they can fund $ 50 as the first milestone and the freelancer can submit after the first sale.

Miriam H wrote:

And, if you check out his attachment - it has his contact details.

That is indeed a policy violation

Good point about commission only, that said - based on the crazy listing (which I will send you separately so as not to violate guidelines), the whole thing smelled to high heaven.

It looks like 2 of his jobs were removed, he still has one up (I think).

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Miriam,

Thanks for flagging the job posting for the team's attention. While we won't be able to share the outcome of the review, please rest assured that if a violation of Upwork TOS is found, the team will take action according to our processes. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths