🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Email Customer Support unavailabilty
Page options
malikubaid4
Community Member

Horrible Customer Support

Why Upwork Customer Support is so poor? I have opened my case 30 hours ago I got only 1 or 2 messages with the instructions that don't work

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For the reference of upcoming such issues. I want to share that my issue has been resolved after 5 days. I did some experiences based on assumptions. Change of Internet service provider worked for me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
prestonhunter
Community Member

Malik:
Many Upwork users find that they can get excellent, prompt answers to their questions by posting questions right here in the Community Forum.

There are relatively few questions or issues that actually need to be resolved through a formal Customer Support ticket.

Pleas tell us what your actual question is, and maybe we can get you all the help you need right here.

Thanks, I can see that the community is really helpful. I found many solutions in the past but my current issue is purely technical related to the desktop app so it would need to reach customer support and that is what I am doing

Hi Malik,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Malik U wrote:

got only 1 or 2 messages with the instructions that don't work

Instructions for what? What do you need help with?

My desktop app got stuck. I tried some possible ways that did not work. Customer support provided me some instructions which were supposed to be the solution but that did not work too.I replied with my log files as per their instructions but did not get a response after that.  Currently having an hourly contract so its disappointing for me

Malik:
There are hundreds of thousands of freelancers who use the desktop time-tracker successfully.

I have been using it this week without any problems.

You are a freelancer who has earned about $100 through Upwork. You have a unique problem right now that probably stems from some unexpected peculirity with your computer system.

I do not doubt that Upwork Customer Support wants you to have a satisfying experience using the Upwork system, including the desktop time-tracker.

But you may need to be patient while they work on this.

Let me ask you this:
When you use a completely different computer system, are you having trouble with the desktop time-tracker app? Or is it working just fine on that other computer system, and only presenting problems on one computer system?

I did not try on any other computer as it is somehow not recommended by Upwork. This is not a unique problem I am facing as many other freelancers posted this and they are directed to Customer Support by Community experts. Yesterday I had posted my query as well and I got no solution here that is why I said that This is a purely technical issue.

I am having trouble starting my desktop app that is stuck in a blank window(screenshot is attached)

As freelancers and Clients are active 24/7 so Customer Support should also be available all the time not only during US working hours.

If this is a problem facing many Upwork users, then this is a GOOD THING for you because it means there is nothing you are doing wrong, and nothing that you need to change with your own computer.

I am definitely sorry to hear that you and others are facing a problem with the time-tracker app.

This is Upwork's fault.

But strictly speaking, it is not the fault of Upwork Customer Support. There really may be nothing more that they can do for you until Upwork's time-tracker programming team resolves the matter.

Meanwhile, if you want to work on behalf of a trusted, honest, client... You could certainly consider using manually-logged time. And also: You could try using another computer. Upwork places no limit on how many computers you can run the Upwork time-tracker application on. You could also see what happens when you create a new local computer account and then log into your regular Upwork freelancer account from that new local computer account on the same physical computer.

I appreciate that the community support is very supportive according to their authorization circle. I used live chat a couple of times that would be very helpful for quick responses. Upwork should be capable of providing live chat customer support 24/7 to millions of customers.

weird duplicate post deleted

Preston H wrote:

This is Upwork's fault.

You make such a bold statement based on............ what exactly?

You have access to Upwork's system and the OP's?  Really?

If not, the above is complete and utter BS.

Malik U wrote:

My desktop app got stuck. I tried some possible ways that did not work. Customer support provided me some instructions which were supposed to be the solution but that did not work too.I replied with my log files as per their instructions but did not get a response after that.  Currently having an hourly contract so its disappointing for me

When you say it "got stuck" - what exeactly is it doing? 

As you've sent the logs, you'll really have to allow time for the tech guys and girls to carefully go over them. That takes time. Tickets are worked on in the order they are received and Upwork has literally millions of users. Please be patient. You could consider uninstalling (and making sure that every last trace is gone) the app and reinstalling it.

It's been more than 24 hours since I have sent my logs. Stuck windows is attached

malikubaid4
Community Member

I opened a case 2 days ago regarding desktop app stuck in the starting. The Support service advised to have manual hours permission from client. Client is not allowing me for that. my hourly contract could end if I wouldn't get solution to my problem urgently. Why the technical team takes too much time to respond although the query is not a unique one

Malik U wrote:
I opened a case 2 days ago regarding desktop app stuck in the starting. 

Have you tried running: mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak} on your Command line?

The command you gave is applicable in MAC. I am using Windows 10

Hi Malik,

I am sorry to hear about this. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

When someone going through critical issues, Why Customer support does not support during the time other than US time zone working hours? Although community experts are available most of the time

Hi Malik,

We have various support options available 24/7 not only during U.S. hours.I would liek to let you know that you can access support options available by clicking Get Help button on this page and providing some information about your account and issue. If you have any issue you need assistance with, let us know and we'll be happy to look into it or connect you with the team that can assist further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I really don't get any response for the past 24 hours for an issue where I have been stuck in for 3 days. 

Hello Upwork,
I am in big trouble with my desktop app for the past 3 days. I tried to troubleshoot that by myself. I opened a case, the customer support gave me some instructions which were supposed to be the solution. I applied those instructions but I could not get the solution. I have already sent my logs to customer center as per their instructions.
Yesterday morning an agent told me to wait and ask your client to allow you to add manual hours until the technical team gets a solution but my client refused and said it is against their company's policies. I have been waiting for a message from the Support center for more than 24 hours and seemingly losing my job.
With due respect what kind of customer support is that that leaves only a single message once a day instead to have a chat with the client once they are available. My hourly contract is really coming to an end position due to this problem. In total, It's been nearly 72 hours since I am suffering this issue. Please support me ASAP

Best Regards,
Malik Ubaid

Hi Malik,

Our support team responds to the tickets in order they were received and in some cases, it can take more than 48 hours to receive a follow up on the ticket.

I understand your urgency and frustration with the problems you are having with the Upwork Desktop App, but please avoid creating multiple posts regarding the same problem.

I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I will be thankful If you proceed within the next 24 hours

I have an open case of a desktop app stuck. The issue is unresolved since Thursday. I tried troubleshooting as per the Support agent's advice. I have already sent my log files to the Customer center. Please see the screenshot attached(Upwork ts) and let me know If I should go for that because this is the only option available  to me from the "taskbar icon"

Hi Malik,

I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have been patient for the past 72 hours. I am not allowed to add manual hours. My job is really in danger due to this kind of technical support. 

I get a single reply to my email after 24 hours and more. They provide me instruction which comes out as uselss to my issue

My ticket is open for the past 72 hours. I have been waiting every moment during this time. My case is handed over to the technical team 48 hours ago. I receive a single reply to my email after 24-48 hours where they give some instructions that doesn't work every time. I have to post here daily to get attention to my case and It usually works.

Although my issue doesn't seem to be a unique one. Why customer support and technical support are taking too much time to respond to their customers having hard times. My hourly job seems to be in danger now. The credit goes to the support team

Hello Malik,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issue with your Desktop application. I understand your urgency with the problems. 

I have already sent a follow up to the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

We thank you for your patience.

Pradeep H

Upwork

For the past 48 hours i did not even receive a  text reply 

malikubaid4
Community Member

Has anyone faced the desktop app issue with a specific local internet service provider?

For the reference of upcoming such issues. I want to share that my issue has been resolved after 5 days. I did some experiences based on assumptions. Change of Internet service provider worked for me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

21055ee2
Community Member

same here its been many days and my information haven't been varified. and somehow it shows my request has been resolved but NO ONE FROM UPWORK CONTACTED ME !!!

Please varify my account ASAP so I can proceed my project !!

Hi Jiazhi,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. I checked and it doesn't look like there are any verification requests on your account at the moment. If you're still experiencing any issues please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
21055ee2
Community Member

that is not true, when I go from hire freelancer from the project it says I need varfication.

When I add payment from settings it says this, see attached. 

I do need support. 

How DO I WORK ON THE PROJECT when not allowing me to add payment method ? THIS IS SO BAD UPWORK.

Apologies for any confusion, Jiazhi. It looks like this is a separate issue, we'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket in order to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths