Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Customer Support

malikubaid4
Ace Contributor
Malik U Member Since: Feb 11, 2021
1 of 38

Why Upwork Customer Support is so poor? I have opened my case 30 hours ago I got only 1 or 2 messages with the instructions that don't work

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 38

Malik:
Many Upwork users find that they can get excellent, prompt answers to their questions by posting questions right here in the Community Forum.

There are relatively few questions or issues that actually need to be resolved through a formal Customer Support ticket.

Pleas tell us what your actual question is, and maybe we can get you all the help you need right here.

malikubaid4
Ace Contributor
3 of 38

Thanks, I can see that the community is really helpful. I found many solutions in the past but my current issue is purely technical related to the desktop app so it would need to reach customer support and that is what I am doing

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 38

Hi Malik,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 38

Malik U wrote:

got only 1 or 2 messages with the instructions that don't work

Instructions for what? What do you need help with?

malikubaid4
Ace Contributor
6 of 38

My desktop app got stuck. I tried some possible ways that did not work. Customer support provided me some instructions which were supposed to be the solution but that did not work too.I replied with my log files as per their instructions but did not get a response after that.  Currently having an hourly contract so its disappointing for me

prestonhunter
Community Guru
7 of 38

Malik:
There are hundreds of thousands of freelancers who use the desktop time-tracker successfully.

I have been using it this week without any problems.

You are a freelancer who has earned about $100 through Upwork. You have a unique problem right now that probably stems from some unexpected peculirity with your computer system.

I do not doubt that Upwork Customer Support wants you to have a satisfying experience using the Upwork system, including the desktop time-tracker.

But you may need to be patient while they work on this.

Let me ask you this:
When you use a completely different computer system, are you having trouble with the desktop time-tracker app? Or is it working just fine on that other computer system, and only presenting problems on one computer system?

malikubaid4
Ace Contributor
8 of 38

I did not try on any other computer as it is somehow not recommended by Upwork. This is not a unique problem I am facing as many other freelancers posted this and they are directed to Customer Support by Community experts. Yesterday I had posted my query as well and I got no solution here that is why I said that This is a purely technical issue.

I am having trouble starting my desktop app that is stuck in a blank window(screenshot is attached)

As freelancers and Clients are active 24/7 so Customer Support should also be available all the time not only during US working hours.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
9 of 38

If this is a problem facing many Upwork users, then this is a GOOD THING for you because it means there is nothing you are doing wrong, and nothing that you need to change with your own computer.

I am definitely sorry to hear that you and others are facing a problem with the time-tracker app.

This is Upwork's fault.

But strictly speaking, it is not the fault of Upwork Customer Support. There really may be nothing more that they can do for you until Upwork's time-tracker programming team resolves the matter.

Meanwhile, if you want to work on behalf of a trusted, honest, client... You could certainly consider using manually-logged time. And also: You could try using another computer. Upwork places no limit on how many computers you can run the Upwork time-tracker application on. You could also see what happens when you create a new local computer account and then log into your regular Upwork freelancer account from that new local computer account on the same physical computer.

malikubaid4
Ace Contributor
10 of 38

I appreciate that the community support is very supportive according to their authorization circle. I used live chat a couple of times that would be very helpful for quick responses. Upwork should be capable of providing live chat customer support 24/7 to millions of customers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS