abellajonalyn

Horrible support

No one assisted to my support ticket despite of several follow up. The urgency for profile approval of my agency staff member to be hired. You are letting the freelancers to miss an opporturnity.

Chat is not working for several days now. Truly disappointed!!!
8 REPLIES 8
petra_r

@Jonalyn A wrote:
No one assisted to my support ticket despite of several follow up. The urgency for profile approval of my agency staff member to be hired. You are letting the freelancers to miss an opporturnity.

Every day 10.000 people try to join Upwork. 98% are rejected.

Support are not there to allow people to try and force the process and get special treatment.

Your prospective freelancer can wait their turn like everyone else.

Just imagine if everyone else got all pushy - the system would break down under 10.000 tickets every day.

The long turn around time is not acceptable. I understand the process. I am
not pushy. I requested urgency and due to the upwork system issue that chat
is inaccessible for more than 2 days thatbis why volume of request shoots
up.
I am dissapointed because that is the purpose of this platform. To get jobs
and be hired. 4 days to solve dont you think is too long? ๐Ÿ™‚

@Jonalyn A wrote:
The long turn around time is not acceptable. I understand the process. I am
not pushy.

Well, considering Upwork already has far too many freelancers (which is why they are turning 98% of new ones down) already, at least yours have not been rejected (yet) like 98% are.

@Petra R wrote:

Well, considering Upwork already has far too many freelancers (which is why they are turning 98% of new ones down) already, at least yours have not been rejected (yet) like 98% are.

This may be the most heartening statistic I have heard about Upwork in ages.

@Douglas Michael M wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

This may be the most heartening statistic I have heard about Upwork in ages.

Well, The CEO said it on national telly so it (hopefully) is accurate. I still feel an overwhelming wish to slam my head against the keyboard seeing some of the ones they DO let in ๐Ÿ˜‰

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonalyn,

I checked and your ticket has already been escalated to the appropriate team. They'll get back to you as soon as they review the profiles. I've also followed up with them.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I can sympathize with Jonalyn if Upwork still routinely sends a โ€œYour profile is under review. You should hear back within 12 hours.โ€ or similar message to applicants.

@John K wrote:
I can sympathize with Jonalyn if Upwork still routinely sends a โ€œYour profile is under review. You should hear back within 12 hours.โ€ or similar message to applicants.

I agree and I sympathize as well, but badgering Support will not help, and might just have the opposite effect... Clearly those profiles are borderline in some way (as many are almost instantly declined and some instantly accepted) so trying to bully a decision might just make it a "No Thanks!"

Never lose sight of that 98% decline rate.

While it is not yet a No, at least there is a (small, 2%) chance of eventually being approved.