🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly Contract Of 2-3 Months No Payment Till...
Page options
649a9205
Community Member

Hourly Contract Of 2-3 Months No Payment Till October. Is This Safe?

Hey guys. I have a client who would like to hire me (Hourly Contract & Payment Method Is Verified) for 2-3 months no payment till October then he will pay the whole bill once. He stays in Morocco and joined on 20 July 2020.

I have looked at some of his job histories and it looks like he also hired 3 Upwork Freelancers with 10k+ to do the same contract. My question is, is this safe for me if I agree to work and no payment? Have you ever done this before? Is this a scam? 

Please help I'm only new to this site.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

There is no such thing on UW as an hourly contract with delayed payment. Hourly projects are paid weekly or not at all. Theoretically, he could hire you for a fixed price and you could wait until October to request payment. That is extremely risky for you, however, and I would never agree to it and I recommend you don't, either. If he does not have the money to pay for work performed, then he needs to wait until he does have the money before hiring someone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

There is no such thing on UW as an hourly contract with delayed payment. Hourly projects are paid weekly or not at all. Theoretically, he could hire you for a fixed price and you could wait until October to request payment. That is extremely risky for you, however, and I would never agree to it and I recommend you don't, either. If he does not have the money to pay for work performed, then he needs to wait until he does have the money before hiring someone.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra Fadzai,

Thank you for flagging this for us. I will be sure to escalate this to the correct team for their review and appropriate accretion will be taken according to our internal processes. 

Please note that any requesting of free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is TOS violation. You can check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths