🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly Contract Payment for Manual hours
Page options
r_signal
Community Member

Hourly Contract Payment for Manual hours

I had an Hourly contract with a client which is an Upwork Plus Client for a Beta testing and QA project. As the tests were supposed to be done on Mobile devices, we had no other choice then having hourly contract in which client allowed me to add manual hours. After all the testing was finished and I added manual hours, sent reports to client and after getting everything client ended the contract in good terms. But the only notification appeard was Client ended the contract (yesterday) and I don't see any payment thing there that whether my hours are approved or being payed or not. I cant see anything in Transaction History. Attaching files for Time & earning, Time Analyze, Weekly time sheet and timelogs. The hours and amount is being showed in Time Analyze, Weekly Time sheet and timelogs. I don't know what to do. Will I be payed or not? Client has provided me some feedback and its hidden unless i provide mine. So should I go for feedback without knowing whether I ll be payed or not?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

All hours (manual or otherwise) are invoiced on Monday after the work week has ended. So any hours you added to your work diary this week will be invoiced and charged on Monday.

If the client pays and does not dispute by next Friday, you get paid the following Wednesday.

Look at your Reports > Overview. Hours from this week will be under the "work in progress"  tab,

Manual time is not protected in any way, so if the client fails to pay or disputes, you will not get paid.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

All hours (manual or otherwise) are invoiced on Monday after the work week has ended. So any hours you added to your work diary this week will be invoiced and charged on Monday.

If the client pays and does not dispute by next Friday, you get paid the following Wednesday.

Look at your Reports > Overview. Hours from this week will be under the "work in progress"  tab,

Manual time is not protected in any way, so if the client fails to pay or disputes, you will not get paid.

r_signal
Community Member

Petra can you let me know looking at the screen shot that the payment will go for processing or not.

petra_r
Community Member

Shahid H wrote:
Petra can you let me know looking at the screen shot that the payment will go for processing or not.

ANY hours logged this week will be invoiced and charged on Monday as explained previously. 

Provided the client's payment method can be successfully charged and the client does not dispute by Friday next week, you get paid the following Wednesday.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Shahid, 

Please refrain from posting screengrabs that have any identifiable information as this is a violation of the Upwork Community Guidelines. Further violation of the guidelines may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the Upwork Community. As such, I would request you to please be mindful of the guidelines when posting in the Community. 

I'd also like to confirm that payments are processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. If you logged your time last week (20-26 Jan) using the Upwork Desktop App, making sure that you provided appropriate memos on your logged time, your client will be automatically billed this week (27-Jan, Monday), and has up to Friday (31-Jan) to review the hours you logged last week (20-26 Jan). If your client doesn't dispute any of the hours you logged, the payment for the hours logged will go to a 5-day security period starting Friday of this week (31-Jan). If there are no issues, the payment will be processed and will be available to your account on Wednesday next week, 5-Feb. You may read more about it here.

As Petra has shared, 
if you check your Reports page (Reports > Overview), you will see where in the billing cycle the payment is. If the payment is in the Pending tab, this means it's already in the security period. You may read through each tab to know when you should expect the payment to be available on your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
varungs
Community Member

I'd recommend using BlueStacks for mobile QA so that you can use the time tracker as well.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members