🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly Contract been Paused and client doesn'...
Page options
3ctechnologies
Community Member

Hourly Contract been Paused and client doesn't want to pay

Hi, I know i cant file a dispute to client for hourly contract but one of my clients doesn't want to pay for the work done and asking for refund and threatening of bad feedback..Can some one tell me, if i can t file a dispute..Is there any ways of going to arbitration directly or what can i do now?

6 REPLIES 6
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Muhammad U.,

A client can't typically dispute paying for work under an hourly contract if the freelancer used TimeTracker correctly, including providing a meaningful memo for each tracked work session and not adding manual time.

What sort of dispute do you as a freelancer want to file?

Client has actually asked me for a refund and threatning for a bad feedback if i dont return the money..He says he doesnt like the qulaity and my claim is i have delivered as per his requirement..

Only mistake i made is i have set the memo for the last week..i just set that up initialy but not after that..However , all screenshots are relevant to work i did and any pone can judge...

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad U wrote:

Hi, I know i cant file a dispute to client for hourly contract but one of my clients doesn't want to pay for the work done and asking for refund and threatening of bad feedback.

Were the hours logged correcty, with the tracker, with meaningful memos and adequate activity levels? When did you log the hours? Last week or before or both?

Muhammad U wrote:

if i can t file a dispute..Is there any ways of going to arbitration directly or what can i do now?

You can't file a dispute, only the client can. There is no arbitration for hourly contracts.

You CAN report the client for feedback manipulation (trading good feedback for a refund)

Thanks for the response..Activity levels are good and any one can judge that work done is all for the client's project..However, i just setup the ememo for the forst day and not for rest of the two days  last week..Not sure if Upwork would refund the money to client based on not setting up the memo? is that the case?

Each tracked work period needs its own memo, Muhammad, even if it's the same memo as on a previous work period.

Muhammad U wrote:

Thanks for the response..Activity levels are good and any one can judge that work done is all for the client's project..However, i just setup the ememo for the forst day

So there is no memo at all? Or there is the same memo for the entire week? You have another 14 minutes until noon UTC to add a memo to the rest of last week's work diary (DO IT NOW!)

If there is a memo that's fine. If there is none at all and the client disputes, then yes, you will lose the dispute for all hours that have no memo at all.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members