🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hourly Contract limit
Page options
sfalkens
Community Member

Hourly Contract limit

I have a lovely client for whom I did an hourly contract last week.  He then sent me several more small jobs within the same week, which I did on that same contract. I have gone beyond the 5-hour limit he originally set, assuming he could just pay the excess.  Instead, he has sent a new contract for me to upload the excess hours.  I'm just worried that, because I have already logged those hours on the old contract, I don't want to double-charge.  Why can't he just pay me the excess on the original contract?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
abegail_unay
Community Member

Hi Sandra,

The client may not be aware that he can just add hours to the limit so he created a new one. As for the  double charge, you don't need to worry - any excess to the limit will not be charged to the client.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abegail_unay
Community Member

Hi Sandra,

The client may not be aware that he can just add hours to the limit so he created a new one. As for the  double charge, you don't need to worry - any excess to the limit will not be charged to the client.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

As you exceeded the client's weekly limit for time logged on the contract, you will not be automatically paid for this time over the weekly limit, but you may want to discuss this time and the weekly limit with your client. You can check this help article to learn more about Hourly contracts.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, 

Thanks for your reply.  Can you re-send the link to the article you mention below?  When I click on it, nothing happens.

I need help to calculate how many hours over I went on this hourly contract, # 26997773.  The diary kept track of it all, but the total number of hours shows differently to what I had calculated.  Since I need to add extra hours, I'm worried about getting it wrong.  

Hi Sandra,

Here are some helpful articles about Hourly Contracts and the Weekly Limit: 

Contract Weekly Limit

Hourly Protection

Use Your Work Diary

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths