🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hourly Contract
Page options
Community Member

Hourly Contract

I wanna ask a question regarding the Hourly Contract. I was hired at March 14, 2022 for a quick job for an hourly contract of $5/hr which ended immediately at the next day which was on 15. I started at Monday and the hours i worked was 10hours at the end of the week. It got reset and the next week began. I was waiting for an update of the client if there are still some changes he needed but he kindly asked to drop and end the contract on March 23 which i gladly accepted because he told me to end it thinking that i would get paid. I was quite confuse because i reviewed the contract today and when i saw my timesheet and earnings, it didnt register the hours i worked which was 10 hours. I submitted a work diary with a note and memo in it and also the screenshots. 

Would i still get paid on my situation? And when do i have to expect my earnings to go into my account?

Contract ID: 29795727

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
deardipu
Community Member

Hi Lieset, 

You can see what's going on by clicking reports > overview. 

What I've assumed:

A. 14th March - 20th March timesheet is your weekly work. 

B. 21th March - 25th March time is for client’s review. 

C. 26th March to 29th March time is for Upwork (you can find it under pending section).

D. So it is supposed to be available for you on 30th March. 

NikolaS

Hi Lieset,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the funds for the contract you are referring to are currently under the Pending tab on your Overview page. This represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn. Hourly payments are in the security period from the time the client review ends on Friday to when the funds are released on Wednesday.

When working hourly contracts, we automatically invoice all time that you log in the Work Diary to the client. The invoicing schedule is as follows:

• Week 1 — You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary
  • Week 2 — Your clients receive their invoices on Monday and are given until Friday to review the work
  • Week 3 — Your earnings become available on the following Wednesday

egaruth_0-1648494211389.png

You can find more information about the weekly billing cycle in this help article. You may also want to check this page for more information about getting paid for Hourly Contracts

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members