🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly Contract
Page options
2b0940d0
Community Member

Hourly Contract

I have signed an hourly contract with a client and have submitted the project along with the manual time logs. However, after a while, the contract has been paused by Upwork. When I asked the client, he said that Upwork need some documents and he will send them. But it's been three days and there has been no progress. I have tried to contact the client, but he is not responding. What should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
0e6e7259
Community Member

If your hourly contract has been paused by Upwork, it's possible that the client's account has been suspended or there may be some issues with their payment method. Here are some steps you can take to resolve the situation:

1. Contact Upwork Support: Contact Upwork support and explain the situation to them. They may be able to provide you with more information or offer suggestions on how to resolve the issue. You can reach out to Upwork support through their contact page or by clicking the "Get Help" button on the top right corner of your Upwork account.

2. Follow up with the client: If you haven't heard from the client, follow up with them again to see if they have made any progress in resolving the issue. Try to be polite and professional in your communication.

3. Be patient: It's possible that the issue is being resolved and it may take some time to get everything sorted out. Try to be patient and continue following up until the issue is resolved.

4. Consider ending the contract: If the issue cannot be resolved or if the client is unresponsive for an extended period of time, you may want to consider ending the contract. This can be done by going to the "My Jobs" section of your Upwork account and clicking "End Contract" next to the relevant job.

5. Protect your work: If you have submitted work for the project, make sure to protect your intellectual property by taking screenshots or making backups of your work in case there are any issues with payment or ownership.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue with your paused contract. If you continue to have trouble, please let me know and I will do my best to assist you further.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

Nothing. Wait until resolved. Never do any works a while.

0e6e7259
Community Member

If your hourly contract has been paused by Upwork, it's possible that the client's account has been suspended or there may be some issues with their payment method. Here are some steps you can take to resolve the situation:

1. Contact Upwork Support: Contact Upwork support and explain the situation to them. They may be able to provide you with more information or offer suggestions on how to resolve the issue. You can reach out to Upwork support through their contact page or by clicking the "Get Help" button on the top right corner of your Upwork account.

2. Follow up with the client: If you haven't heard from the client, follow up with them again to see if they have made any progress in resolving the issue. Try to be polite and professional in your communication.

3. Be patient: It's possible that the issue is being resolved and it may take some time to get everything sorted out. Try to be patient and continue following up until the issue is resolved.

4. Consider ending the contract: If the issue cannot be resolved or if the client is unresponsive for an extended period of time, you may want to consider ending the contract. This can be done by going to the "My Jobs" section of your Upwork account and clicking "End Contract" next to the relevant job.

5. Protect your work: If you have submitted work for the project, make sure to protect your intellectual property by taking screenshots or making backups of your work in case there are any issues with payment or ownership.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue with your paused contract. If you continue to have trouble, please let me know and I will do my best to assist you further.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths