🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly Contract
Page options
ofureo
Community Member

Hourly Contract

I did my first hourly job ever using manual time, as I had difficulty downloading the app and client wanted the job done in time. I discussed with the client and he said I could use the manual time. Now I submitted the work and client ended contract without any explanation. Have I been cheated? Will the client still pay? Also I haven't sent my feedback as I don't even know how to rate this work yet. I just wonder if the client may have put a poor feedback for me. The client has not responded to my messages.
9 REPLIES 9
2a05aa63
Community Member

Do you have any numbers on your report page?

ofureo
Community Member

Yes. On the report page, I can see the amount of $195 for the 13 hours. I worked. Please what does it mean?

re: "On the report page, I can see the amount of $195"

What does it mean? It means you will soon receive almost $200 that you can spend on whatever you want.

re: "Now I submitted the work and client ended contract without any explanation."

No complaints. Good.

re: "Have I been cheated?"

No.

re: "Will the client still pay?"

Yes.

re: "Also I haven't sent my feedback as I don't even know how to rate this work yet."

You may CHOOSE to leave feedback or not leave feedback. You have two weeks during which you may leave feedback.

re: "I just wonder if the client may have put a poor feedback for me."

Why? Did you do a poor job?

re: "The client has not responded to my messages."

Don't send the client messages.

So you mean I have not been cheated and the client has actually paid for the work? Please, when will I receive the payment?
petra_r
Community Member

Ofure O wrote:
So you mean I have not been cheated and the client has actually paid for the work? Please, when will I receive the payment?

So far, you have not been cheated. The only way you could be cheated is if the client were to dispute or their payment method were not able to be charged.

The client will be charged tomorrow and you will be paid according to the weekly billing cycle provided the client 1) pays and 2) does not dispute.

If you had used the tracker correctly, you would be protected regardless of whether the client pays or disputes or not. Manual time is usually not a problem, but in the relatively rare cases where it is a problem, you can lose the money you work for.

ofureo
Community Member

Client left me a positive feedback. So I don't think there will be any dispute. Client's payment method is verified.
2a05aa63
Community Member

Ofure O wrote:
Client left me a positive feedback. So I don't think there will be any dispute. Client's payment method is verified.

It takes 10 days (5 days in review, 5 days of pending) after the client got charged (on next Sunday Monday after you worked) until you receive the payment.

petra_r
Community Member

Viacheslav K wrote:

Ofure O wrote:

It takes 10 days (5 days in review, 5 days of pending) after the client got charged (on next Sunday after you worked) until you receive the payment.

Clients are charged on Monday afternoon UTC after the work-week ended. Then there is a 5 days review period unti Ftiday night midnight UTC, the the standard 5 day sucurity period. The funds are then relased for withdrawal the following Wednesday.

BillingCycle

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Olure,

Even if a client "allows" you to add manual time to your weekly timelog for their project, manual time is not protected in any way under Upwork's payment protection rules and Upwork will make no effort to enforce payment due to you for manually-booked work time.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062568-Upwork-Payment-Protection

If you want to try to be sure you're paid for all manual hours you book on a project, the best you can do is only use manual time for clients you know well and trust completely. Otherwise, use TimeTracker, which, when used correctly, provides the best payment protection Upwork offers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members